Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

NASM CPT cert question

E

EDED

Oct 26, 2011
Hello bros,

I am about to leave my lab job and get into personal training. even if it means starting slow and low in salary. I just can't do shit i dont like anymore hahahah you ever get that??

NASM, on their website they have different types of packages to choose from, if you are a trainer or know about these types of things, let me know if i should go for the expensive one or the cheap one

thank you.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I was doing some checking on trainer certificates a while back ago. I looked at all of them that I could find but unfortunately, I don't remember the differences between them.

What I do remember is if you are looking to start off at a commercial gym, it would be best to go to those places and see what certificates they accept before getting started. Different gyms can accept different certificates.

Some gyms will actually accept the cheap, easy to get certificates. Could save you hundreds. I don't think you will get as much knowledge out of the cheaper one's but if you know your stuff, a cheap certificate should do just fine if it's accepted.

HDH

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
NSCA's CSCS is the only one that matters. If you're going to work with the elderly you should get certified through ACSM.

E

EDED

Oct 26, 2011
nice and quick replies fellas.

hdh, good idea some gyms may offer free cert course and work for them afterwards. i will ask around.

lol i want to train anybody with lots of money and very out of shape. i am guessing one of those fancy gyms that cost fortunes per month and full of mid life crisis age crowd? that i want.

NSCA CSCS i will look into. I actually looked for a physical therapist with a CSCS. all due respect brother iron but are you talking about physical therapist or personal training?

M

mariopapc

Aug 8, 2012
Like hdh said each gym may have certificates they prefer over another. But a lot of the time its because they get kick backs from the companies for directing you to them.for example the 24 hour by my house prefers nasm And when I was looking into the different certs price wise it mainly had to do.with the amount of material they supplied you with.

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
I am working on the nasm cert now, I'd suggest the cheapest package, you only need the cert, so the books enough. The videos are just the same as the chapters in the book. I've only touched a couple of the vids. Good all around base with nasm, but it doesn't give you the hands on experience I think you need far more. It's boring as hell, I'm glad the test is multiple choice.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic