Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Nagging Ankle Injury

P

ppcar21

Jul 27, 2013
I injured my right ankle during Muay Thai. I took a few weeks off to take it easy but man one minute it feels ok and then the next its tender as hell. Its about over 2 months now since the initial injury and it still hurts. Anybody have any advice to accelerate the healing process?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Compression and mobility work to strengthen it... Have you seen a physical therapist? Don't see the one grandma goes to. Find one that works on athletes.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Definitely see a sports doc and/or physical therapist. You don't want to end up crippled.

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
I broke my ankle, so I know what you are going through. After all of the RICE work was done, I started to strengthen my ankles with calf exercises. You know, calf raises, extensions, etc.

AND what really helped me was a night splint. The ones that are used when you get plantar fasciitis.

At first the night splint was very hard for me to sleep with, so I would wake up in the middle of the night and take it off. And then little-by-little I could sleep the whole night without having to remove it. (Oh, don't get the most expensive ones on line cause I got mine at the corner pharmacy.)

Soon my ankle(s) were as good as new. Just my 2-cents.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic