Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

my very first homemade protein shake, 1981

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I, for some reason thought about the first protein shake I concocted, it was a ****in' mess..

1-lecithin granules
2-brewers yeast powder
3-desiccated liver powder
4-whole raw eggs, not sure how many
5-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream( arnold recommended this for many of his shakes)
6- hersheys chocolate syrup.
7-milk

Mixed in my blender, I had about 40oz, 3/4 full to my recollection.Jack Lalanne was quoted as saying his juice concoctions were delicious but on the same note has said that anything that is good for you will taste like shit which means that this shake must have had life-extending qualities. This was the worst tasting collage of ingredients I ever tasted in my life, I choked down as much as I could, I couldn't finish this for all I was worth.I gave it my best shot but failed, no matter how much I pictured Arnolds physique with my head on it.I can still taste its awefullness. If you are brave enough to try this, let me know how it went, or didn't!

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
May I suggest next time you skip the first 3 ingredients. Then I bet you have a winner.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Just seeing this- DAMN, I remember Brewers yeast and lecithin granules- health food, good buddy! Dessicated liver I ate in tabs... gnarly shit, overall. I can taste/smell the yeast just by thinking of it, LOL

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Just seeing this- DAMN, I remember Brewers yeast and lecithin granules- health food, good buddy! Dessicated liver I ate in tabs... gnarly shit, overall. I can taste/smell the yeast just by thinking of it, LOL

Me too bro!!lmao!!!

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Me too bro!!lmao!!!

I would get the yeast in cans, after you opened them they had a plastic top like a coffee can. Something about using the stuff would let a cloud of yeast dust swirl into the air. You breathe that in and go whoaaaa....

Blended it in OJ. Hard to believe...

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I would get the yeast in cans, after you opened them they had a plastic top like a coffee can. Something about using the stuff would let a cloud of yeast dust swirl into the air. You breathe that in and go whoaaaa....

Blended it in OJ. Hard to believe...

thats the problem, back then 'they' were telling us to put that stuff into anything! and like the good little chasers we were, we did. lololol!!!

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
LOL, I use to live on dessicated liver tablets. My breath smelled like ASS

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
LOL, I use to live on dessicated liver tablets. My breath smelled like ASS

The stuff messed with my digestion some- so my ass smelled like ASS, probably from 10 feet away...

Dessicated liver, brewers yeast, raw eggs- contest level farts!

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
HA. That reminds me of the "shakes" my father would concoct for me when I was around 12. I'd lift in the backyard with those old plastic weights that were filled with sand or something, come inside, and he'd have something like that ready for me. He's supervise to make sure I drank it. If it did anything for me, it got me to train longer to put off going inside for those damn shakes.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
HA. That reminds me of the "shakes" my father would concoct for me when I was around 12. I'd lift in the backyard with those old plastic weights that were filled with sand or something, come inside, and he'd have something like that ready for me. He's supervise to make sure I drank it. If it did anything for me, it got me to train longer to put off going inside for those damn shakes.

lol!! i feel your pain bro! but we had to drink it, its what we had and what we were told 'was great for building huge muscles'. gaggg!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic