Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

My journey x

S

Stubbsybabe

Jun 19, 2011
Starting a diary (I'm from England, lol, so apologies now for any confusion caused by my vocabulary, haha) to hopefully pick up tips, advice and just generally meet people who have similar goals as my own!! As a mother of 2, with a job and all of other life's stresses, I joined the gym just as an escape from everything and everybody - it's just for me where I just think of me, the only place where no one else comes first and I quickly became hooked and started reading everything I could on weight training, etc, but this is where my confusion comes from as there's sooooo much conflicting theories out there, now I just don't know what to do for the best! So here I am, a relative newbie to the game and wanting to share my life and experience and welcoming your ideas and help to achieve the lean, strong body I'm sure is in me!!!somewhere!!
At 5' 10 and 160, I'm not a project impossible and am certainly on the road I want to be - my biggest problem is probably feeding the family foods they like and getting what I need from it, but, like most people, having a budget so I can't cook 2 different meals every night, and some pack-up ideas would be great because my works canteen sells processed, fried crap only!!!
Looking forward to getting to know some of you, especially from you mummies out there and how you manage to fit it all in xx

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
great start!

the single most important thing i can recommend to you is to make it enjoyable and not to get too caught up in following any one program. no two people are alike and what works for me might not work for you and what i love probably wont be what you love. keep an open mind and try out different things. keep the things that work or you enjoy and ditch the stuff that you hate. why? because as a woman and a mom and a worker, we do enough that we dont like, the gym should be a time to enjoy!

S

Stubbsybabe

Jun 19, 2011
Had a couple of decent of workouts since my last visit, although I seriously need to consider switching gyms in the future - mine is only a small gym and seems to be taken over by o.a.p's in the morning(hogging all the machines!!) and scrawney young chavs in the evening(hogging the weights area!!) So upped my weights and tryed out Dumbell push/presses and snatches - good to say I can feel it today!!
Hospital with the little one and then work until 10pm so having a "rest" day(haha, that's a good one, lol). Hopefully can fit a gym day in tomorrow but will have to see what shift the Other Half is working first as he has the kids while I go. Another reason to find another gym, maybe, is this gym doesn't offer childcare facilities - so maybe I
need to find one that does?? Failing that, little one starts nursery in September which should make it easier to get another gym visit in!!! How important is "where you workout" to you guys??? Have you had to try out different gyms or will any do???

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I had such a hard time finding a gym that I liked that I built my own gym in my basement. One problem with that was teaching my family to leave me alone when I go there and that it is my area and absolutely off limits to them. Another problem with home-gyms and working out alone is that you dont have spotters--which can make you too timid about pushing yourself to your limits (but there are ways around this). Also by working out alone I miss some of the learning and social benefits that derive from working out with and around other people. Still, on balance, I like the alone time and the benefits of training alone are outweighing the detriments for me at the moment.

Good luck in your search Stubbsybabe. And again, welcome to the board!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i pretty much just make do with what is close and convient. i have two young monchers and it made it a bit difficult when i first started back to the gym as i am a single mom and their dad is an asshole. :D he wouldnt watch them because he didnt want me going to the gym. but somehow i managed to find a couple of different young ladies to watch them so that i could keep some kind of schedule. although it was very hit and miss and smallville doesnt have gyms with child care.

at the start of the year i switched to noon workouts. that was a great thing for me. the moncher hang around the clinic or home so there is always someone around in case something happens to them. they are very independant so i dont worry about them too much. i go to the gym i do because i can walk to it and even though there isnt much to it, it has barbells and dumbbells. i figure if i cant get something accomplished with those than im not much of a lifter :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic