Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

My Home Gym...

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
So I stopped going to the little gym down the road a while back and decided to make my garage into a mini gym. It consists of:

A Power Rack
-Dip Attachments
-Pull up Bar with multiple attachments
A Barbell
An EZ Curl Bar
IronMaster Dumbbells
-75 lb Kit will upgrade to the 120 down the road..
IronMaster "Super Bench"
-11 different Angles for incline and declines
-Leg attachment for the declines
-Preacher Curl attachment
A Spinning Bike(Favorite Cardio)

The only thing I miss about the little gym I use to go to is the mirrors and the cable system. Looking for new exercises to throw into different routines. Right now I usually do about 3 exercises per body part. For the back I did the other day 3 sets of pull ups, 3 Sets of Deadlifts, and Single arm bent over rows. For chest the other day I did 3 sets of Decline, flat, and dumbbell fly's. On your bigger muscle group days how much more do you do? I get a pretty good pump from what I'm doing currently my shoulder which I had issues in the past doesn't seem to bother me much any more so I'm able to do more which is nice. I Just want to see what people like doing and what else I should add for any muscle group with my current "tools".

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Sounds pretty good SW. I used to have the 120 ironmasters; very nice. Just go down to Home Depot and buy some mirrors. How long have you been training?

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
On and off for a little while. I Just got out of physical therapy about 4 months ago. I couldn't do any upper body exercises with weights only with resistance bands and Calisthenics stuff. So I just did cardio. Lost a lot of muscle mass from that. I would say I started really getting into it at in the middle of 2009. Within the last 2 months I've had practically 0 shoulder pain so the current run would be 2 months haha.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Sounds really cool, I too have my abode made into a training hall. Some times you get to focus more on your own. However at times you need atmosphere. Some like the subconscious competitive idea of out doing others, some like myself like to check out the femalia morsels that trance around in those form fitting outfits . Sometimes you feel like a nut , sometimes you don't!

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
On and off for a little while. I Just got out of physical therapy about 4 months ago. I couldn't do any upper body exercises with weights only with resistance bands and Calisthenics stuff. So I just did cardio. Lost a lot of muscle mass from that. I would say I started really getting into it at in the middle of 2009. Within the last 2 months I've had practically 0 shoulder pain so the current run would be 2 months haha.

Good example of never giving up! Many times one can always train around injury, personally I feel the nautilus type machine can help isolate body parts when injured and need to allow the healing of injury or surgery.

When I had major tricep tendon re--attachment surgery I had my arm in a sling, but I still did full leg , neck, trap and modified chest n back with machines. Pin loaded machines helped. Leg presses, extensions, leg curls and calves were able to train fully just nautilus type leg press or standing pin loaded for calf. At one gym they have a rear delt/ rhomboid machine that you sit in and I could still do light rear pushing with higher part of my arm . Lat machine of same idea that eliminates grabbing just forearms or biceps pressing a cylindrical pad in an arc and pin loaded. Same for medial delt head. I did shrugs with shoulder pads on calf machine. I remember one kid made a derogatory innuendo regarding my coming with a cast lol. My response was that's why at 30 you're a fat ugly shit head and I'm better shape in my 40s lol ( yeah my demeanor is the same in my real life lol)
When I broke my lumbar spine, I showed up a week later and modified everything when I found a gym with all the equipment needed to do so. It helps knowing all the area gyms. I was actually able to find a pressing machine on a sliding horizontal pad, where I could do squats , calf raises and military presses without compressing my spine . Because of my surgery I performed this for almost two years while I rehabbed my back. Now here I am ten years later capable of performing heavier lifts than I could before my operation lol . while my spine recouped I found ways to do all my lifts supine, either with cables or machines. Again, never let anyone say you can't do! Strong mind builds strong body, you can do anything you want if you are willing to use your intelligence and preserverence to take you there!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic