Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

My friend is quadriplegic.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Lately I've become friendly with a quadriplegic man. He owns multiple businesses and he makes me look lazy. Here's my issue... I don't know what the lesson is by meeting and hanging out with him. (There doesn't have to be a lesson. I enjoy my time spent without any motive, but we learn from all of our relationships.)

Do I say "Life is so fragile and precious. Don't take your health for granted. Be grateful and safe."

or

Do I say "Life is short. You could wind up in a wheel chair tomorrow. Carpe diem. Live your life without fear."

M

mick

VIP Member
Dec 22, 2012
I believe there is enough room in our lives for both perspectives to complement one another. I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

Murica

Murica

Aug 2, 2013
Say nothing, just do. Be a better person than you were yesterday.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Your just enjoying his company as mates.nothing wrong with that.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I know what you mean, one of my good friends lost both of his legs on Everest and all he has achieved AFTER that makes me look like a bum.

Nice post anyway GS, I bet he enjoys hanging out with you just as much as you do with him.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
I would just say its been a pleasure meeting you and realize anything is possible if you put your mind to it,knock knuckles and call it good [knocking knuckles is a hand shake to a quad]

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
You don't have to say anything nor have a purpose/motive for hanging out with him.

Karma stays on your side the more good deeds that are done...I'm a firm believer in doing to others as you'd want done to you.

Kudos for what you are doing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic