Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

My arms after this routine / added 1/2" to my arms

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
I switched up the way I train arms for this week. I did'nt train them hard at all really. Just low rep heavy,heavy,weight. More so than I have really ever tried before because I try not to go so heavy that my form gets sloppy. My brother is stronger than I am so I let him lead and I tried to keep up. We did:

Seated hammer curls: w/60's ,70's ,80's. I had my brother place his hands on my shoulders to keep me from rocking and swinging. No less than 5 reps

We did big bar curls with a plate on each side (135) 5 reps / rest for 15 seconds do another 5 reps/ 3 sets like this

Then we did bent-over spider curls. This was the only routine that we did 10 reps a piece with. Theres a fine line here when it comes to these. Too light and you feel like your just wasting time. Too heavy and you won't be able to even get a half rep in this position. I do them free-standing bent over like I'm going to do barbell rows. Then the weight is lowered down to the floor and curled up to my chest like as if I was flexing my bicep in the mirror. Just like Arnold does in Pumpin Iron. I wound up doing this exercise with a 40lb dumbell. I probably could have gone slightly heavier but I wanted to get full range of motion and keep strict form. It's important when doing these not to use sloppy form. Because you can easily start using other muscles to move the weight but it can feel like your doing it correctly.

Then we did something I don't do a lot. We took the handle off of the cables and just grabbed the rubber stopper ball on the end of the cable and did a partial hammer,partial preacher curl standing upright. Hand was in a hammer position, kept elbows in and made sure my upper arm stayed stationary. So my chest acted like a preacher bench,keeping my arm from swinging.

We also did some reversed grip curls with the straight bar. To me the EZ curl bar makes certain curl movements too easy. The straight bars (the ones on the tree that are already weighted) work perfectly for this exercise. For this we did them free standing 3 sets back to back starting with 40lbs then 50lbs and finally 60lbs. These get your forearm right around the inside of your elbow.

I've had tougher workouts,without a doubt. But this gave me a wicked pump and it was cool to do something different. I'm going to toss this routine in from time to time.

Well,how do my arms look compared to the last round of pictures.

103_4399-1.jpg

103_4409-1.jpg

103_4401.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic