jacobss
What's New?

muscle memory and AAS

M

mr_wb

Jan 22, 2024
Hi all,

if anybody read my (introduction) youll know but its summed up by
-trained from 21, had some (non AAS) issues about 8 year ago now, so stopped training (other issues aswell) im 37 now
- looking to get back into it.
- had a good ammount of info on AAS and ran some pretty interesting cycles, actually had very good results running- test, tren, DNP and insulin

thought id give that info so you guys now im not a total newbie... just went through a bad patch.

-----------------

Anyway im looking to get back and i know, there will be muscle memory kicking in, as back in the day i took 6 month off, and it came back superfast. im not sure how much to expect in terms of muscle memory as its been 5-8years. although some papers state it can still have a say after a decade... some say for life, but paper is paper not real life!

IF YOU WANT TO SKIP TO MY ACTUAL QUESTION START HERE V V V (can always go backand read if you find it interesting!

IM comfortable writing a decent routine (will be push pull legs, based on compound lifts mainly the big ones--> kg is my 1rm back then (dl- 270kg, bench 155kg, squat 205kg) and my diet is strict as i have allergies.

SO.... cut to the chase.... im know ill get some effect from muscle memory... but was wondering if running a cycle along with it will enhance the muscle memory effects?

obv taking into consideration, ligaments and joints which iv been using bands at home to help get warmed

has anybody took a long time off? did you rely on the muscle memory or run AAS with it?

and lastly... im not just over eager to get on cycle... my wife and i have a plan for our next child so we will be trying in circa 6 months, id like to get a cycle out beforewe start trying

whats people thoughts?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
My non medical opinion.

If you're planning on trying to get the wife pregnant, I'd shelf the AAS cycle until that's done, and/or bank some sperm (probably would anyway just in case), also see a urologist and make sure you're not shooting blanks currently, then bank some sperm regardless. Generally combining hCG with T will preserve fertility, but nothing is for sure and if you're betting the farm you'll be OK, that's a bet the Universe generally ends up winning and there is unhappiness that follows.

If you have run previous cycles, you've increased satellite cell numbers in existing muscle, that alone is an advantage even natural. Personally I'd suggest just getting back into training with proper diet, etc. take it as far as you can, have the baby (still bank sperm), then decide. Even at that point, I'd just start with 200 mg/wk TC and some hCG, ride that for as long as you can and see where it takes you, that might be enough. Then leverage T only before you add anything else back in.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I would just work out and maximize what you have natty then if you still want to hit the gear.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
After that long of a time period of being off AAS, you are basically a newb again. Start with beginner doses of 300 to 400 mgs of Test E or C per week and maybe 10 -20 mgs per of d-bol per day. You will be absolutely shocked at how quick you gain your muscle and strength back.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I wouldn’t jump right into a cycle. Get back to the gym. Be consistent! Wait awhile & see what happens naturally.

C

CesarIM

Jan 8, 2024
I would go natty for a year or two . Max out naturally then put it into overdrive if you wish. Otherwise youre asking for injuries . You will retain a lot more of natty muscle post cycle if you have a good base . Versus doing a cycle without a previously working out for a long period of time . Youre young no need to sprint . This is a life long marathon .

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
I’ve been in a similar break period before. Here’s my advice.

1. Focus on family first. You’re getting old. Your body is not the same. Slam your wife and get her pregnant first. Consider if you want another kid in the future. Personally, I’d recommend doing kids back to back so they are similar age growing up and can share the same interests, toys, and activities. I actually knocked my wife up while running a test and tren cycle. No hcg or fertility supports. I’m must have the worlds most potent sperm because I was on gear for probably 6+ months at that time. Had no plans of having a kid, but so glad it happened.

2. Get your nutrition and training back on track immediately. Your body is fresh so some gains will come easily. However don’t expect the natural gains in your late thirties to match your 20’s. Your body is different now. See what progress you can make over the next 12 months, or after your kid is born. Your life will change with a baby. That is part of my “break” in training. Had a baby, then injured my hand, then broke my arm. I was on cycle at the time, and I crash landed during that time. I lost a lot of strength and size. Training was inconsistent for years due to a hectic life. My point is, don’t start gear until you have a rhythm of life with a newborn. There no point in a cycle, if you can’t maintain the training.

3. When you’re ready to cycle, have full blood panel done before you start anything. Make sure you’re healthy. Start at a low-ish dose and give it time. Even 200-300mg/week can yield some solid gains with good diet and nutrition. I feel it will be more sustainable as well. If you cycle again at 800mg you can grow greatly, but will have a very hard time maintaining it off cycle. You can always add more gear in the future. Do regular bloodwork and understand your body. Grow on food and training and enhance with gear for the long game.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic