Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

murder over parking space or hate crime

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I can't remember when, where or who began this hate crime bs, but we didn't always have that. Seems like just a relatively new thing for lawyers, politicians and the media to play with. To me, if you kill someone deliberately there is hate involved. I can see the difference between heat-of-the moment 2nd degree murder vs. pre-conceived 1st degree murder as a logical distinction to consider,
but if my lily white ass kills my delightfully pink-assed wife when I walk in and find her with my lily white neighbor, that's 2nd degree in my book. If, otoh, I've known about them for a while and plan their murders, that's 1st degree. You better believe I was full of hate, but that'll never get mentioned by lawyers or newspapers in this case. If I am pissed at a black guy for some reason, road-rage, parking lot rage, whatever, and I kill him, am so furious at that very moment that witnesses hear me yell "die, you black sob," then I bet "hate crime" will at least be discussed while lawyers consider their best strategy.

In this NC case, the shooter was off the charts for hate, but he seemed to be an EEO hater. He actually had a documented history of calling in on various neighbors to get their vehicles towed, so much so his calls were eventually blocked. The car may have had 3 muslims in it, but my guess is they were just the straw that broke the camel's back, they coulda been any racial-religious type, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If we had this case, identical in every way, except the victim was as white as the shooter, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Try the shooter as a murderer, plain and simple, forget the hate crime bs.

Straad

Straad

Oct 29, 2014
to many damn laws. Like you said we already have laws for that.
Is there really an epidemic of racial crime going on? I mean this isn't Georgia in 1960. Back then maybe it made sense but today it seems like just another tool for the media to rile people up and keep them in fear

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Media loves to jump on a muslim story any chance they get. Like raw deal said, if it had been any other religious people, we never would of heard about it.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
As a service contractor I will say I do not hate the religion but I do not like the middle eastern culture. I don't want to barter for my money especially after the work is done. I don't like being lied to especially when there is no reason to lie. I don't feel I should have to tell you to controle your kids while I'm trying to work. It's to the point I will say I'm two weeks out for service when I get phone call and the caller has a certain accent...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Media loves to jump on a muslim story any chance they get. Like raw deal said, if it had been any other religious people, we never would of heard about it.

yeah, you're prbly right about religious groups, but I can think of at least one other group that tends to blame things on their membership in that group. Like, if it rains today, it's "because I'm (fill in whatever group you wanna bash here, excluding bird watchers and stamp collectors of course, they're alright)."

As a service contractor I will say I do not hate the religion but I do not like the middle eastern culture. I don't want to barter for my money especially after the work is done. I don't like being lied to especially when there is no reason to lie. I don't feel I should have to tell you to controle your kids while I'm trying to work. It's to the point I will say I'm two weeks out for service when I get phone call and the caller has a certain accent...

I can extend that to Indians (Hindus, not Apaches), but as a neighbor rather than a service worker. All the ones I know are great neighbors in a sense, no garbage, no violence, minimum noise, surface courtesy, from the men anyway, but any discussion or (polite) dispute you have with one always leaves you feeling like he's a shrewd lawyer and you're just target practice for him. None of the ones I know are lawyers, they're all medical, or tech jobs, or own liquor stores, gas stations and motels, guess owning a business trains you to be a lawyer. Their wives are queens, no career except as breeding mares, can't drive worth a shit, and with that lofty attitude we see from doctor/lawyer/politicians' wives sometimes. My own wife worked her butt off, as did I, so we could afford to live with all these ppl who rub their culture and their costumes and their mindsets in America's face, and who are only here because they brought all their family money over here from that hellhole they came from and got out, asap.

rant over, for now.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
The guy is apparently a huge asshole by all accounts and should be tried and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law if convicted. And probably sued into oblivion if somehow not convicted or given a light sentence due to some "mitigating circumstances" or whatever.

But does anyone notice the huge double standard when it comes to the whole "hate crime" thing?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Hate crimes is a relatively new thing. It was dreamed up by politicians to increase the punishment for normal crimes that are also motivated by bias against protected groups (people of diverse races or cultures, women, gays, the disabled, etc.). You have to prove more than the normal crime, you have to prove the victim's protected status was a motivating factor.

The criticism of hate crimes is that anytime the victim falls into the protected class, LE automatically assumes there is a hate crime regardless of any evidence, so you have normal criminals being given significantly harsher charges (and also sentences), whether or not they actually committed a hate crime.

Also, the critics correctly point out hate crimes have made the government into thought police. But then, if you think about it, when government proves first degree murder, they are proving intent, so how is that different?

I can't see any proof, other than these victims' status as muslims, and perhaps the brutality and irrationality of the murders, that is evidence of a hate crime. Had the murderer said to neighbors, he hated muslims, or these people, because they are muslims, then we would have good proof of a hate crime. It remains to be seen whether any evidence like that will be found. And in the meantime, I reserve judgment whether this was actually a hate crime.

Last edited:
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
ok, can't argue with any of that woodswise, but my point I guess is why even distinguish between run of the mill crimes vs. "hate crimes?"

If I am murdered and get to hang out observing proceedings in my new afterlife status, I wanna see my murderer pay bigtime. If a very similar other murder is committed in my town on the same day by a different murderer, it's gonna really piss me off if my story drops to the back page of the newspaper a day later cause I am a boring Euro-American male of unknown religion, sexual preference, etc. If, otoh, that other victim's story stays on page 1 for weeks cause some category the other victim occupies made him/her more worthy than I was, or more sympathetic, or (here's the punchline, folks) simply a better way to sell papers, increase tv ratings, and improve public perception of prosecutors and politicians, then I say Phooey to that.

I sure do "get it" that we are encouraging a distinction between "normal" murders and those we can attach emotion-provoking labels to, I just don't get why so many people are buying into this mindset?

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I dislike the term hate crime.. Kill someone that is not a true threat to you and it is hate no matter what race or religion. This guys was just looking to hurt someone, anyone he could. You don't carry a gun out when asking someone to move their car from your space. The wife saying people just don't understand him is ****ed up.

I carry my gun everyway I go, legal but concealed and I've never pulled it out in any confrontation I've been in... If my life is not in danger there is no reason to draw my gun.

Sick fricken world we live in.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011

Yea, wonder if a muslim killed 3 Christians if we would be seeing all this ''outrage''.. Ohh that's right it already happened.. Ft Hood, the beheading of that poor Mom in OK, and this lil story I bet no one even heard ... Muslim accused of beheading 2 Christians in U.S.

Personally , f' em all,

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
ok, can't argue with any of that woodswise, but my point I guess is why even distinguish between run of the mill crimes vs. "hate crimes?"

If I am murdered and get to hang out observing proceedings in my new afterlife status, I wanna see my murderer pay bigtime. If a very similar other murder is committed in my town on the same day by a different murderer, it's gonna really piss me off if my story drops to the back page of the newspaper a day later cause I am a boring Euro-American male of unknown religion, sexual preference, etc. If, otoh, that other victim's story stays on page 1 for weeks cause some category the other victim occupies made him/her more worthy than I was, or more sympathetic, or (here's the punchline, folks) simply a better way to sell papers, increase tv ratings, and improve public perception of prosecutors and politicians, then I say Phooey to that.

I sure do "get it" that we are encouraging a distinction between "normal" murders and those we can attach emotion-provoking labels to, I just don't get why so many people are buying into this mindset?

It's to instill fear in ''White America'' retribution for all this black on white crime, muslim on America\Christian murders..etc.. period.
If you notice all the cases are aimed at White Americans, blacks and muslims are incapable of racism.......

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic