Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Muhammad Ali dodges 21 punches in 10 seconds

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
If mike Tyson had been throwing the punches I think he would have faired different.

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
in the end he starts ass shaking - he fools his components - there is this other famous video where he opens his eyes wide open like having tremendous fear and then fights back

Last edited:
extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Rope a dope. Instead of getting pissed should went for some body shots. That is what Tyson would have done, hit him in the liver with a jackhammer then move to the head. I think it would have been a bad ass fight. Tyson vs. Ali. I don't think it would have been a given for Tyson either. Foreman had some serious power back in the day as well. Sucks what Don King did to boxing (and Tyson) in MY OPINION Tyson was the last of the super star boxers (the ones you debate whether it would be worth going in the ring for 1 mil when your a kid). If Cus had not died and Tyson had not got sucked in by King and Robin Givens etc... he would have had a hell of a career.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Rope a dope. Instead of getting pissed should went for some body shots. That is what Tyson would have done, hit him in the liver with a jackhammer then move to the head. I think it would have been a bad ass fight. Tyson vs. Ali. I don't think it would have been a given for Tyson either. Foreman had some serious power back in the day as well. Sucks what Don King did to boxing (and Tyson) in MY OPINION Tyson was the last of the super star boxers (the ones you debate whether it would be worth going in the ring for 1 mil when your a kid). If Cus had not died and Tyson had not got sucked in by King and Robin Givens etc... he would have had a hell of a career.
Tyson would have stomped the foot, hit the body, then hit him with a savage uppercut for good measure.

That's how you handle assholes like Ali.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Make that 22 things he dodged...His Pussy ass dodged the draft also...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Make that 22 things he dodged...His Pussy ass dodged the draft also...

whoa, I was there at the time, and there was no pussy about it. He woulda gone into some designed role, pumping up the citizens to support the war against all those horrible vietnamese poised to invade OUR country, kinda like they did anyway years later, peacefully, with small businesses, and kids doing better in school than euro, african, and hispanic Americans tend to do.

For the record, I am an old school boxing fan who hates the swag Ali popularized for boxers since then, I prefer the quiet ones like Louis, Marciano, and the cajones-to-the-wall Mexicans who own some of the lighter wt. divisions. I will never like Ali for how he mocked opponents in and out of the ring, and trumped dignity with showbiz, but he did not pussy out of the draft. Whether he was coached by the Chicago hdqs of the Muslim movement, or just had his own thoughts (doubtful ), he was dodging a cushy job 300 yards behind the USO doughnut wagon, no pussy about it. Cost him 3 yrs of illegal removal from the job he had, probably the best 3 yrs, everything else he is remembered for since is in spite of that.

I am American, born, raised, and grateful, but all these ill-advised little hobby wars we like to engage in use people who volunteered to participate, not pawns drafted by the Suits in local and national gov't. This is mostly due to an overwhelming anti-draft sentiment from us goddamn Boomers who realized Nam and the wars that followed were not the same as WWII, but gestures like Ali's helped shape the freedom to choose young macho males have today.
Never will be my favorite boxer, but he was good, and what he did dodge was the path of least resistance to instead make a statement that still resonates today, when he coulda just kissed everybody's ass and had a cushy PR job created by the pentagon.

C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
Tyson in his prime was a great fighter, there's no question about that. Ali in his prime was on a whole different level. From 1964-1967, Ali was unbeatable. Anyone too young to have seen Ali fight should go watch his old fights on youtube. He was amazing. Sure, Ali was cocky but it wasn't bluff - he could back it up. There hasn't been a heavyweight since that's even come close to that level.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
#1 Ali was great, he made it look easy. Embarrassing some great fighters.

#2 I would have dodged the draft too, after seeing Lone Survivor last night.

#3 Tyson could knock him out if he lands the punch, if not bite his damn ear off.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Ali is from a different era. He was a revolutionary fighter. He changed the way people fight.

Tyson was the answer to fighters like Ali. A man that could break ribs with his off hand, would stomp your feet I'd you laid back in the corner, and changed levels like no one did in Ali's time.

I don't like talking about who is better but if each of them in their prime fought the way they did my prediction would be tyson in the 5th by liver punch KO.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic