Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Most overlooked body part

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
100% genetics 17" :p. Hate men with no calves :( sorry guys that can't grow them

1486919_198742876981279_142994135_n.jpg

I thought i was looking at someones butt-cheek for a second.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
You ever notice some of those incredibly obese guys who are not even remotely strongman-big, they are just blubbery? And yet, their calves are immense, and while it's not all striated, it still looks like mostly muscle under thick skin. Maybe we just need to walk around the mall all day with a 200lb weight vest?

Yep i know what you mean! i see this guy last summer, he looked Polish to me and was about 6' 2'' and a heavy build, lots of BF though and drinking a can of larger and smoking at the same time, my calves are around 17'' pumped, and his looked at least 4 inches larger.

Yes neck and traps can be overlooked, my neck is short, a bull type one, but is 18/ 1/2'' so my traps are fair but dont stand up like some with longer thinner type necks.

Also forearms i think was mentioned, which is a hard part to grow, mine will not go much above 14'' pumped, i would like another 1 inch if a could, i think Lee Priests are 17'' i read somewhere.

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
I thought i was looking at someones butt-cheek for a second.

LOLOLOLOL

yeah TG those are some srsly impressive calves
I have genetically big calves too :X but I NEVER work them... when I do sprints though they seem to be more defined.

For me my most overlooked would be...forearms&lower back. I don't work my lower back specifically because I get REALLY bad muscle spasms in my back and I aggravate my back easily. This is something I've been dealing with for 6 years :( I avoid hyperextensions at all costs and I have to be really careful doing big lifts.

oh and....abs. Never work them. I really should hahah

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
LOLOLOLOL

yeah TG those are some srsly impressive calves
I have genetically big calves too :X but I NEVER work them... when I do sprints though they seem to be more defined.

For me my most overlooked would be...forearms&lower back. I don't work my lower back specifically because I get REALLY bad muscle spasms in my back and I aggravate my back easily. This is something I've been dealing with for 6 years :( I avoid hyperextensions at all costs and I have to be really careful doing big lifts.

oh and....abs. Never work them. I really should hahah

you hit that lower back with them deads ;)

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
Hamstrings. Wait- hear me out. From the standpoint of functionality and knee health, how many people do you know who squat, leg press, lunge, and then do extensions on leg day, without nearly an equal volume of ham work? Chronically, overdeveloped quads in relation to hamstrings leads to an anterior tibial translation, which is hell on the ACL and knee health in general. And deads alone aren't the answer, because the short head of the biceps femoris isn't a hip extensor; it's only a knee flexor. Deads/reverse hypers/good mornings AND curls are needed to offset this, with equal or greater volume to quad dominant movements. -EK

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Hamstrings. Wait- hear me out. From the standpoint of functionality and knee health, how many people do you know who squat, leg press, lunge, and then do extensions on leg day, without nearly an equal volume of ham work? Chronically, overdeveloped quads in relation to hamstrings leads to an anterior tibial translation, which is hell on the ACL and knee health in general. And deads alone aren't the answer, because the short head of the biceps femoris isn't a hip extensor; it's only a knee flexor. Deads/reverse hypers/good mornings AND curls are needed to offset this, with equal or greater volume to quad dominant movements. -EK

Quads and hams are done on different days in my training.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic