Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Mission

M

maximus1986

Aug 21, 2011
Hey i lost alot of weight few years back but now after seein sum recent pics from a party(death warmed up is the phrase people have used) i realised ive lost too much, my bmi is 21 which is normal but if i put a stone on i will be 24 which is still normal but i think il look alot healthier, i just need some advice how to bulk up and just put a stone on, no more. and then how to maintain that weight.
my diet is good, no sugar or fatty foods, alot of fish, fruit and veg. i used to do cardio twice a week includin an intense game of footie on sundays. ive stopped all cardio now altho i still do quite a bit of walkin! thanks in advance for the advice.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Need more info. BW, Height, build, goals and training program. Need this to help ya, no sense in feeding you half ass info. Lots of help here with the right info

M

maximus1986

Aug 21, 2011
hey ye i should av put it rly, im 12.5 stone(175 pounds), im 6ft 2. im nt rly training at moment part from walkin which aint rly training, i do alot of heavy lifitin at work, basically pushin and deadliftin heavy boxes all day. my face and arms look rly skinny that why i need to gain the stone rly.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Honestly at that weight and height, i would start eating more filling even fatter foods. Never thought i would say that but its true. what is your calorie intake? You gotta eat, bottom line.

M

maximus1986

Aug 21, 2011
id say bout 3000 cals a day, im tryna add more protien to my diet but i used to weight 17st so im a little worried about putin on weight.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
No one uses the term stone. 1 stone = ~14lbs right?

Lifting things up and down at work intermittently is not a substitute for actually weight lifting.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
As you start to read through all the threads on here you will see the 3 things that are the foundation for this lifestyle are Diet, Training, and Sleep.

The common response to help you gain mass is EAT! Increasing your daily caloric intake is a must. More importantly to help you gain muscle is EAT PROTEIN. The common reccomendation is 1.5-2 grams of protein x pound of Lean Body Mass every day. Once you know how much protein you need to consume to start gaining muscle you can start changing your diet to include more things like Chicken, Tuna, Beef, and dairy products. Changing up your diet to meet these specific requirements can be a challenge but if you take some time and look through the other threads on here you will learn a lot. Trust me your not the first guy to want to put on some weight.

To make a muscle grow you need to workout. Simply lifting stuff at work does not qualify as weight training. Find a gym, pick up something heavy, repeat. Again, if you take the time to look through the board you can find a million examples of different training regiments you can use to help create yours. start slow and light increase the weights and intensity over some time. Bottom line, you need to lift heavy stuff to stimulate muscle growth.

As for sleep, make sure your body is getting enough rest. Muscles need rest to recover.

Once you get started eating right and training youll see change.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great advice JB and Ogre! If you're serious about it Maximus and you follow that advice you will see the gains you're looking for.

That being said find the proteins that work best for you. I know in my case they are not all created equally, dead cows work best for me but eggs come in a close second, milk, chicken breast, then turkey and fish is just too damn expensive to be worth the effort to me. Tuna gives me a reflux type reaction but if you can handle it, eat up that stuff is a great source. Natural peanut butter and nuts also a great snack addition to your protein intake too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic