Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Milk Thistle versus Liv.52

Bionixx

Bionixx

MuscleHead
Dec 6, 2011
I also use GHRP-2 which is probably the best liver protectant and anti-inflammatory. Probably no need for any thing else but NAC.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Oral Cycle-
TUDCA/Cycle Assist

Off Cycle-
NAC

spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2013
Himalaya liver care all year
Tudca/cycle assist on oral cycle

A

AusD

Jul 9, 2014
ive always used Liv52 with no issue, but might check out NAC.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
ive always used Liv52 with no issue, but might check out NAC.

Liver "protectors" they are an absolute waste of money period. There is NO data which supports their use as adjunctive therapy, or otherwise, for those cycling oral AAS.

For instance I know many anabolic users believe NAC is beneficial, however NACs MOA is the restoration of glutathione stores which are NOT depleted by oral AAS use.

Furthermore although the biliary reduction agents such as UDCA have been shown to "improve" LIVER FUNCTION test abnormalities in the short course, they do NOT ALTER outcome in any clinical trial I'm aware of.

Just limit the oral AAS duration to no more than 4-6 weeks in duration and check your LFTs periodically and you should be fine!

Best
Jim

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Liver "protectors" they are an absolute waste of money period. There is NO data which supports their use as adjunctive therapy, or otherwise, for those cycling oral AAS.

For instance I know many anabolic users believe NAC is beneficial, however NACs MOA is the restoration of glutathione stores which are NOT depleted by oral AAS use.

Furthermore although the biliary reduction agents such as UDCA have been shown to "improve" LIVER FUNCTION test abnormalities in the short course, they do NOT ALTER outcome in any clinical trial I'm aware of.

Just limit the oral AAS duration to no more than 4-6 weeks in duration and check your LFTs periodically and you should be fine!

Best
Jim

NAC may aid as a hepaprotectant, but keep in mind it is also a mucolytic agent.

I prefer TUDCA

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Why do AIDS patients receive doses of NAC for their liver if it doesn't do anything for the liver?

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
what are the doses everyone is running of all these suggestions?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
500mg-1000mg NAC/Daily

250-500mg TUDCA/Daily

G

gymrat827

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2012
liver 52 + NAC for me. Ill still pickup a bottle of cycle assist or a similar product cuz it will have stuff for blood pressure, prostate, etc, etc.

But milk thistle is still okay, just not by itself. You'd need to stack it with NAC or liver52. TUCDA is excellent too tho.

one just needs to get enough for their doses. 50mg of drol will only require so much.......150mg of drol will be 4x the liver support & should include many types. So its going to depend on what your doin too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic