Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Mayweather vs Pacquiao... finally?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Well after hearing reports and reading on ESPN ticker, it's all but done, it's gonna happen finally! I hope Pac man beats that bitch Gayweather like a punching bag.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
as much as I would love to see that ....not gonna happen..maybe when it was first going to happen but Manny has had too many issues :(

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
as much as I would love to see that ....not gonna happen..maybe when it was first going to happen but Manny has had too many issues :(

This lady knows what she is talking about. Pac. Isn't nearly what he was when this fight was first proposed. If he was, I think Floyd would still be avoiding him. Floyd is a douche. But dude has skills.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
This lady knows what she is talking about. Pac. Isn't nearly what he was when this fight was first proposed. If he was, I think Floyd would still be avoiding him. Floyd is a douche. But dude has skills.

Yep, I totally agree!!! :)

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Good point! One thing Gayweather has done is avoided Pac the last 6-5 years, and waited until Pac was on the down slide of his carer past his prime, THEN try to act like "oh ok let's do this". Gayweather is clever for doing that, but a bitch for it too. If he was about that life, he would of fought Pac along time ago, but he didn't want to see Pac in his prime.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I'm on the fence on this one as to how it might play out. Raiden brings up one school of thought I could easily see happening, that Paq is no longer quite the irresistable force he once was.

Good point! One thing Gayweather has done is avoided Pac the last 6-5 years, and waited until Pac was on the down slide of his carer past his prime, THEN try to act like "oh ok let's do this". Gayweather is clever for doing that, but a bitch for it too. If he was about that life, he would of fought Pac along time ago, but he didn't want to see Pac in his prime.

The other school of thought remembers May's 2 most recent fights with Marcos Madaina. May won both fairly easily on the scorecards, no controversy, but he was under constant pressure, had to work harder, and wound up taking more punches than he used to. Madaina is a very aggressive, hard punching neanderthal, but pretty predictable as well, one wonders if the May of 5-6 yrs ago would not have had an easier time. Same thing when May fought Cotto a coupla yrs ago, Cotto has better skills than Madaina, but it was his pressure that made May work harder than we used to see. Paq is an aggressive, hard punching pressure fighter who is famous for bringing it from unpredictable angles, he may have lost a little in 5 yrs, and he (might) still be Mayweather's nemesis.

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
Ya i'm with Jenner
Would love to see him take it from him
I just don't think its gonna happen!
I HATED Mayweather at first!
Don't mind him so much anymore
But i love Manny!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The biggest "personalities" in a sport are always the ones that do the most for a sport. You can bash Mayweather all you want, but the fact of the matter is, he brought a large audience back to boxing, and if you ask anyone that doesn't even like boxing, "Who is Floyd Mayweather", an alarming amount of people know.

Look at people like Ali, Tyson etc. Big attitudes, love to put on a show and piss people off, get lots of money rolling in.

Back on topic, I think this fight will go to Mayweather too. Mayweather is an insane defensive fighter, which, IMO, has kept his brain in the game, so to speak. The one thing that will give Pac the upper hand is, well, his left hand. It seems like Mayweather's style is extremely strong and structured for a right hander, so it will be cool to see how well he does against a strong left hander.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
My biggest fear, and maybe my real prediction for the fight (IF it happens, Mayweather has tweeted it's not made yet), is that it end with a very unpopular and controversial decision. The fight itself might turn out to be great (I said "might"), but unless there is a clear winner, there's gonna be a helluva lot of booing, drama and gnashing of teeth afterwards, doesn't matter if it's a draw or a win for either of them.

. . . . . . perfect setting for a mega-million rematch.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
For me this fight should of happened five years ago, I know it is impossible to say what would have happened but I think manny would of downed him. I appreciate that mayweather has brought a lot to boxing, but to be considered as one of the "greats" you have to fight the best in their prime and not avoid them until they are past their best

man1559

man1559

Feb 3, 2011
Manny agreed to the terms that where the same five years ago if it was about the money he should have fought him then

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic