Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Man gets two years for steroid smuggling

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
A Winnipeg man has been sentenced to two years in prison for an elaborate steroid smuggling operation that went undetected for nearly a decade.

Pavel Louda, 38, pleaded guilty to charges under the federal Custom’s Act and was seeking a conditional sentence that allowed him to remain free in the community. Instead, he was hauled away in handcuffs Friday.

"Returning Mr. Louda to his home to serve this sentence would essentially be returning him to the scene of the crime," said provincial court Judge Carena Roller.

Louda admitted to bringing in hundreds of shipments of anabolic steroids between 2001 and 2009, mostly from the Czech Republic. He set up numerous post office boxes under a variety of fake names and used several different Canadian ports of entry, court was told.

The drugs were then sold on the local black market to many of Louda’s friends and associates.

"The mail-order steroid business is now a multimillion-dollar industry in North America," Roller said Friday.

Louda was previously convicted in 2002 of steroid smuggling and was given 24 days in jail plus a $5,000 fine. He then applied for – and received – a federal pardon while continuing to break the law.

"He has proven himself to be very dedicated to his criminal enterprise," said Roller.

The investigation began in 2007 when several packages containing small amounts of steroids were seized at the border, court was told. Investigators used a variety of techniques to catch Louda in the act, including surveillance of him regularly using a postal box at a Winnipeg store, meeting with various buyers and bank records which showed he made close to $200,000 in European wire transfers over the years.

Louda admits to being an avid health and fitness buff who was hooked on steroids himself but eventually stopped using and was simply selling to others for profit. His arrest was one of the first of its kind in Manitoba. Louda faced a maximum penalty of five years behind bars. The Crown had asked for a three-year sentence.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
seems like Louda had alot to say...mother fuckers just cant keep there mouth shut...dw

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
seems like Louda had alot to say...mother fuckers just cant keep there mouth shut...dw

Agreed. I'm not familiar with canadian law, but with the confession he gave and the amounts of contraband the sentence is ridiculously light. His first conviction some 10 odd yrs ago got him 24 days in prison? Sounds we dealing with a professional informant. I'm quite certain answered each and every question that was asked of him. LE most likely has his spread sheets and lists of customers. This story is most likely not over. No integrity. Rat.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Fucker only got 2 years because he was talkin...
DW if that was one of us we wouldnt see the world for 20 minimum

63Vette

63Vette

Apr 2, 2012
24 days first 'conviction'? That means he squealed like a bitch.
This is a long time rat fuck. Fughettaboutit.

S

Seth Gecko

Nov 6, 2011
Hi Guys

I'm from Canada, just figured I'd add that what he got is somewhat typical of sentences for AAS trafficking. In Canada AAS possession isn't even a crime but trafficking, manufacture, importing or even buying it is... Go figure.
The max is 5 years, doesn't matter if it was his 50th conviction, that's the max...... I am aware of cases where the amounts involved DWARF what was seized in this case, and the sentences were much, much lighter.
The guy could be a rat, I dunno, but if you guys think this case was suspicious you should see what some guys have been caught with and basically walked.

N

neocon1

Jan 24, 2012
he might be a narc, but his time seems fitting. the above post is close. But 3. Years is actually the max for a schedule 4 drug, but if they wanted to be an ass they could hit him with more because of the exportation stuff. 2 years seems legit. I can only think of one case with a longer sentence than that. But if he's good in jail he could get out in under a year if he's eligible for parole. Than he will be on house arrest with conditions for a year or two. prob no drugs alcohol or aas.

S

Seth Gecko

Nov 6, 2011
he might be a narc, but his time seems fitting. the above post is close. But 3. Years is actually the max for a schedule 4 drug, but if they wanted to be an ass they could hit him with more because of the exportation stuff. 2 years seems legit. I can only think of one case with a longer sentence than that. But if he's good in jail he could get out in under a year if he's eligible for parole. Than he will be on house arrest with conditions for a year or two. prob no drugs alcohol or aas.

Didn't know you were over here, I was looking at a thread earlier you were in on another board.
Hows your workouts going anyways?

Last edited:
F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
How much does steroid use affect the community.fuck all.what percent of people use anabolic in the community.very little.i can't believe the way peoples reaction are when steroids come up in conversation.i was talking to my accountant the other day and he and his friends where out parting racking lines of coke over the weekend but when he asked me if I had used the steroids which I told him yes numourous times he just shook his head.i had to laugh when I saw the look on his face.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Hi Guys

I'm from Canada, just figured I'd add that what he got is somewhat typical of sentences for AAS trafficking. In Canada AAS possession isn't even a crime but trafficking, manufacture, importing or even buying it is... Go figure.
The max is 5 years, doesn't matter if it was his 50th conviction, that's the max...... I am aware of cases where the amounts involved DWARF what was seized in this case, and the sentences were much, much lighter.
The guy could be a rat, I dunno, but if you guys think this case was suspicious you should see what some guys have been caught with and basically walked.

fuck man, i'm moving north!
j/k, i'm not allowed to cross the border. but still...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic