jacobss
What's New?

Made some burgers...

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Seasoned up some burgers with Killer Hogs AP (All-Purpose) seasoning and their BBQ rub. Just cooked them slow on the smoker at 225F. Gonna have to turn up the heat some, they were a little too smokey, lol.

Assembled the burger with 2 slices of cheese, fried onions, avocado, generic "burger sauce" from Walmart (lol), and a touch of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.

Anyway, just a basic good burger....85/15 Angus Beef.

I have some ribs cooking for today....2 slabs on the smoker and 1 in the pot. Will make a new separate thread for it later tonight or tomorrow, lol:cool:

Attachments

• burger 1.jpg
    burger 1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 217
  • burger 2.jpg
    burger 2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 203
roc

roc

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2011
Looks great!! Not jack your thread, try 1 pound of ground with a packet of French onion soup mix, make 2 patties and try those brother!!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Seasoned up some burgers with Killer Hogs AP (All-Purpose) seasoning and their BBQ rub. Just cooked them slow on the smoker at 225F. Gonna have to turn up the heat some, they were a little too smokey, lol.

Assembled the burger with 2 slices of cheese, fried onions, avocado, generic "burger sauce" from Walmart (lol), and a touch of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.

Anyway, just a basic good burger....85/15 Angus Beef.

I have some ribs cooking for today....2 slabs on the smoker and 1 in the pot. Will make a new separate thread for it later tonight or tomorrow, lol:cool:

Awwesome!...what kinda sauce is that at the bottom?...

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Cant say I ever had avocado on a burger....Seems very West Coast to me.....

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Looks great!! Not jack your thread, try 1 pound of ground with a packet of French onion soup mix, make 2 patties and try those brother!!

My mom used to do that when I was a kid...fukk me they were good too. Thanks for the tip, i'll have to give those a try on my own now!:cool:

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Awwesome!...what kinda sauce is that at the bottom?...

Brother, it was just a generic "burger sauce" from Walmart in a bottle, lol. Not great but pretty good. I am always trying different sauces and stuff out. Sometimes there's winners, and a lot of losers, haha:)

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Cant say I ever had avocado on a burger....Seems very West Coast to me.....

Haha, yea FD, avocado on burgers are pretty common out here in Cali. In fact, a lot of places sell "Cali Burgers" which are usually a cheeseburger with lettuce/tomato/onion/avocado and some kind of sauce. If you've never had a burger with some avocado, you have to give it a try man, they complete a good burger!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
You need 1 piece of lettuce under that burger to save your bun!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Brother, it was just a generic "burger sauce" from Walmart in a bottle, lol. Not great but pretty good. I am always trying different sauces and stuff out. Sometimes there's winners, and a lot of losers, haha:)

Ahh, yeah!...I like doing that too, brah!....I will even mix em when think I'm on to something new!...Those burgers made me want to start cooking again!...Thanks for the inspiration!...;):cool::)...

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
You need 1 piece of lettuce under that burger to save your bun!

Haha....smart guy! Yea, the damn sauce poured out like the Amazon River from the bottle, so hence to excess, lol:D

We didn't have any lettuce in the fridge that night. I was also gonna bake up some bacon....but forgot:(

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Mr BMJ man you are always cookin up some good stuff!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic