RalfKelleh
What's New?

Made some burgers...

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Made some more burgers last night for dinner.....fukk me they were so damn good! Maybe the best burgers i've made in a long-ass time...maybe ever.

I just took about 36oz of meat and dumped 2 packages of Lipton beef soup dry mix into it (@roc )and carefully incorporated it into the meat trying not to work it too much. Made my patties, then added a touch of extra s/p/g seasoning and a tad of The BBQ rub from Malcom...sprayed it with Pam and let them sit in the fridge until I got the smoker heater up. I set the smoker up at 375F this time, and it's now my favorite temp to use on my rectec for burgers....great cooking, not super fast cook time so you get some smoke, and hot enough to get a little sear. I used 80/20 ground meat for this one. Been using leaner ground beef and forgot how much better this 80/20 is, lol.

While the meat was grilling up, I fried me some sliced jalapenos, and butter toasted the buns....sliced me some purple onion, and got my cheddar cheese all ready.

The meat was pretty much done, so I went and gave it a once over brush with some Famous Dave's Texas bbq sauce. Came in turned off my fried onions/jalapenos, grabbed the cheese, and went back out and laid those on the meat at 250F.

Well....no need to go into much more detail, the rest is described in the picture below. My son said these were the best burgers i've made, and so did the wife. Feel pretty happy, sucks when you screw something as easy as a damn burger up, lol.

I didn't even need any other condiments added on they were so good. I brushed the bun lightly with Dave's sauce, and that was it after the first burger....I ate 3:D
biggrin.gif

Anyway....burger pics....

Attachments

• burger 1.jpg
    burger 1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 103
  • burger 2.jpg
    burger 2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: 5.0
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic