angelarbatt
What's New?

Low dose anavar + winny

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've got a lady friend that is running oil based winny @ 25mg EOD, and she does not appear to have experienced any negative sides. I believe it's legit winny since she has experienced strength gains in the gym, and feel a little achy in the joints.

Anyways, she asked my about anavar, and I told her that is was more popular among the ladies due to it being a good anabolic and being a relatively low androgenic. I told her that if she were to run anavar, I'd go with 5mg/day and then see how she reacts on sides, and if all is well go up to 10mg/day, etc. I did tell her that while many women like var, quite a few indicate they retain water.

She then asked me whether running low dose winny with low dose var would work well together and whether the winny might help keep the var water retention down. I don't know, and so I'm asking here to see what everyone's throught are.

What would you think of running 5mg var and 5mg winny ED, and then see how she feels. And either stay at that dose or go up to 10mg var ED and 5mg winny.

Looking forward to feedback.

S

Sian801

Oct 26, 2012
Can u give a little more info please. Age, training time, cycle history, bf%

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Can u give a little more info please. Age, training time, cycle history, bf%

Sure, she's about 45 years old, about 5'6" and weighs about 115. She's quite lean, I'm guessing 10% or less bodyfat (not good at guessing this with women). She's been training hard and heavy for several years, and has a nice base for a heretofore natural woman.

She started GH at 2IU/day about 6 months ago, and started the winny protocol at someone else's advice about 4 weeks ago. She wants to harden up further, put a little more size and shape on her muscles. Her diet is pretty good, as I know it.

So, I'd say she's a newb to AAS, but not to the lifestyle of training, etc.

R

ready2explode

Jan 14, 2013
I can't think of anyway that winny would inhibit water retention from var, although popular "bro-science" continues to perpetuate this scenario without any references to support it.

Like you, I'm surprised to hear that she hasn't experienced water retention in her current cycle (but good for her so long as her gear is in fact real). Based on this, I wouldn't expect a low dose of var to add much water either.

Altogether, I would view a cycle of 5mgs of var combined with 5mgs of winny ED to be a drop from her current 25mg EOD winny cycle in terms of androgenic activity. Therefore, I don't see any problems with the combo or anticipate her to have any issues. And as you've stated, she could always bump up her doses slowly if she doesn't like her results.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I can't think of anyway that winny would inhibit water retention from var, although popular "bro-science" continues to perpetuate this scenario without any references to support it.

Like you, I'm surprised to hear that she hasn't experienced water retention in her current cycle (but good for her so long as her gear is in fact real). Based on this, I wouldn't expect a low dose of var to add much water either.

Altogether, I would view a cycle of 5mgs of var combined with 5mgs of winny ED to be a drop from her current 25mg EOD winny cycle in terms of androgenic activity. Therefore, I don't see any problems with the combo or anticipate her to have any issues. And as you've stated, she could always bump up her doses slowly if she doesn't like her results.

Thanks for the feedback. The whole discussion of anavar causing water retention in women is relatively new to me. Perhaps I haven't been paying close attention, and people have been talking about this for quite some time.

I'm pretty sure she's got winny, but am not as sure whether it's dosed at 25mg/ML. I usually see it at 50mg/ML in oil. I like having caps/tabs in 5mg increments for the ladies so that have the granularity to tune their dose to their sweet spot, since it likely changes from person to person.

If winny helps to dry out, why would it not help with the var? Or are you saying that it's bro-science that winny helps you dry out? I haven't noticed winny doing that for me, but I often take it with masteron, which keeps my water down, so who knows...

B

bigdave1967

Nov 18, 2011
Having been around the block a few times, let me offer up this. Decades ago, at the state and regional levels of competitive bodybuilding, guys would "bulk up" on high doses of deca, test and d-Bol or anadrol, then come pre-contest switch to winny and anavar to try and maintain size while engaging in restricted diets and crazy cardio schedules to try and strip off excess fat and water. The oil-based anabolics listed would cause significant water retention while being on them, which would then begin to dump out of the body once their use was suspended. Body builders using winny and anavar would notice they were "drying out" leading them to believe these drugs were in part responsible for that effect, while the reality is they just don't CAUSE a significant amount of retention themselves, and as the other drugs were leaving their systems, they were given credit for something that they really don't do. Just my opinion based on 30 years of bodybuilding experience, not quoting any scientific data. As far as impact on women, because test is not naturally high in their bodies, they do tend to feel side-effects much more harshly than men do.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
No do to my joint issues

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I will in the future. It does sound good

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Var + winny is a common competition stack - not suggesting everyone should do that just because its a common stack - still best rule of thumb is to experience everything on it's own. Of the two, winstrol is the more androgenic & the more crapshoot in terms of how each person reacts to it.

The comparison above of the classic guy stack of deca + winstrol doesn't really apply much because deca is highly estrogenic and the winstrol, w/ its somewhat aromatase inhibitor aspect, will work with that - and is also the source of the dry joints most people experience with it. Var doesn't aromatize so that point isn't there. I would also just not get that hung up about the water retention in var. You can fiddle w/ the dosing of it or live with it. You can't get around the fact that you're trying to stack androgenic compounds and there are going to be impacts to your body. The amount of "sides" is really more about what you deem as tolerable. But the impact is still there.

For the OP, if she is looking for hypertrophy, she sounds like a hardgainer to begin with so please be very sure the diet supports these goals. Its still building a base that the body can sustain w/o the drugs that will determine what remains since you can't stay on a cycle forever.

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks Sassy! I appreciate the input. I've been given a good bit of helpful info here!

TID really has a great group of female members!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic