Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Low dose (250-500) DNP and keto -- still burn fat?

Dnsvideo

Dnsvideo

Sep 21, 2010
Is there any reason you couldn't run a low dose of DNP on a keto diet?

Do you need carbs on DNP?

Without them, won't the DNP still burn fat?

At a low dose of DNP, the carb cravings are negligible, so can I still reap some fat-burning benefit without the sweating by using a keto diet?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Yes, I've run low dose (250mg/day) DNP on a low carb diet. You are flat as all get out with no carbs and the DNP depleting every last bit of glycogen, but you don't need the carbs.

Low carbs, IMO, make the DNP sides less drastic, as I tend to feel hot and sweat more when I've ingested carbs. If I were to eat a large piece of b-day cake or eat a large bowl of ice cream, I would start sweating profusely.

I think of DNP as a compound that makes your energy conversion machine less efficient, with the reduced efficiency lost as heat. Thus your body has to work harder to use the fuel you ingest, thus making your body have to tap your fat reserves.

S

storman230

Jan 7, 2012
ive ran it with keto before and it worked well but i found that a super high protein, low carb (150/day) and low fat worked better. My workouts were more intense and i overall just felt better. After stopping DNP i then switched to a more keto style diet

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
That is how I run it as well, low carbs, not keto low, but low enough. Carbs bring the heat for me so I try to keep them under 100 a day.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Personally I hate DNP , I don't believe it beats anything but it does have it's place. Variety is everything in bodybuilding .
Starting DNP on low carb will help push into ketosis, then slowly introducing carbs so the whole ATP / oxy blah blah blah will push fat burning up. That's how most find success . It don't burn fat it sparks a process that burns heat and energy.
To me training of any kind takes tremendous drive and endurance. I've been able to stay leaner and leaner even as I age . Of course yes I do have " chemical assistance " , but eating and training are 80% of everything . I'm like the anti- keto demon on this planet . I train like a madman , I work 49-60 hours week, train bodybulding and 4-6 hours combat training daily I need carbs . However many do have need for DNP . My advice is to just always look in the mirror and be honest with yourself that's all. I say t3 / clen low dose with clean eating will do more but then again what do I know lol . Whatever you do ! Good luck and carry on

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic