Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Loosing weight healthy over a periode of two months

B

BJJSebi

Oct 29, 2012
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody of you has a proper way to loose weight healthy over an extended periode of time. I train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling and have a big tournament coming up at the end of June. I normally walk at around 73 kgs and have to drop to 67,5 kg for this tournement. Last weekend I also had a tournament where I needed to drop to 70kg which was not a problem. I know I could do it in the last one or two days by loosing liquid, but as I need to step on the mat almost immediatly after weighins that is not a good idea.

For the last tournament I tried to cut out all carbs and eat things like salmone, chicken, tuna in variouse forms as salads or roasted with greens.

thanks a lot in advance and have good day
Sebi

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If the diet worked last time, do it again. Really it comes down to two things. Make smart food choices by avoiding packaged junk foods; and, secondly - put the fork down.

B

BJJSebi

Oct 29, 2012
thanks for your feedback, my problem is, that I felt like I plateaued at 70,5 and I need to drop an other 3 kgs...
On ohter thing, I usually sip down a weigh protein shake right after training - I did cut it out the last time I was making weight - do you think I can keep it or shall I cut it out again? My body didnt feel to good after hard trainings the next day...
thanks and have a nice day

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Get a low carb protein shake and you'll be fine , when you plateau add some hiit cardio and push past it

A

Alex4455

Apr 23, 2013
i think some few steps should be taken that is Divide the amount of weight you want to lose into eight weeks.Keeping a food journal can also help.cut the all these things in your diet This includes pastries, sweets and candies, sodas and sport drinks, fried foods, butter.

B

BJJSebi

Oct 29, 2012
Hey Alex,

Thanks for your input, I will definitly try that.

atall any recommendations for food? I like to eat salmone with vegetables, chicken breast with salad - any other ideas? How about carbs good or bad for my diet?

thanks and have a good one
BJJSebi

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Hey man do you lift weights?

Just an idea. If you lift weights, it's a good idea to eat your carbohydrates on the day you lift weights.

Cut the carbohydrates back a lot on days you train jiu jitsu.

Just something to try.

When I did my first jiu jitsu tournament I cut down from 240 to 215.

I just ate frequent small meals throughout the day. And I kept my carbohydrates at a medium level.

Jiu jitsu takes a lot out of you, so make sure your eating enough.

Do you drink Gatorade?

This was a mistake I made when I was dieting. I did NOT drink Gatorade. Sometimes I ended up feeling sick the next day and wasnt sure why. then after I ate something with a lot of sodium I felt better and I finally realized I was dehydrated.

Have you tried the Gracie Diet?

A lot of friends of mine I trained with were on it.

B

BJJSebi

Oct 29, 2012
Thanks for your feedback Turbolag,

I dont actually lift weights but I do some kettlebell routines twice per week. Furhter more some swimming/running and sprints. I also train 5-6 times Jiu Jitsu per week.

I dont drink Gatorade usually. My intra training drink is Size On from Gaspari and I take a Protein Shake right after training. Also some fish-oil and BCAA for the joints. The last time i cut I felt pretty good throughout but what really ****ed me up was the weight loss of the last day. So this time I want to try and make weight before hand without no eating and drinking for the last 24-hours ;). I have 5 weeks from now and will start with my diet on monday.

I have read about the Gracie Diet, but never actually tried it. I might try it some day - has it helped your friends to loose weight?

thanks again and have a nice weekend
BJJSebi

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I'm not sure on their progress with the diet.

I haven't talked to them about it in a while.

5 weeks should be enough time for you to gradually make your way to your weight class.

I just recommended Gatorade because it re hydrates you after you've been rolling for an hour or so.

I used to combine I think 1 teaspoon of BCAA into the Gatorade and drink after practice.

Maybe for now, cut the size on out until after the tournament. But, if it helps you then keep it. Do you get any benefits from it?

It's creatine right?

Thanks man, I hope you have a nice weekend!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Hey BJJSebi:

My trainer told me a friend of his who fights MMA does some kind of a vitamin enema before his weigh in and it cleans out a huge amount of gunk from his large intestine, and he loses several pounds and feels great for his fight!

Good luck with the weightloss.

S

shawn802

Sep 30, 2013
"Dieting" is a problem in itself. If you're on a diet, you're already losing. Make a decision to change your lifestyle for the better and adopt smarter, healthier nutritional habits.

L

losieloos

Dec 19, 2012
Its all diet. Theres no secret to it. Just stay discipline all the way.z

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic