Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

long inspirational story from shortstool.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
i didn't know where to post this, but here i go..i went to the gym today to get my benching in, i missed yesterday to due work, ok, some rather big,older fella was sitting on the bench, the only one i use at the gym, and i politely asked him if i could use the bench, ''sure, no problem'' he replied, he moved over to the hammer press, and 3 big guys were surrounding him, he told each of them guys to go do this that, and something else, one of them replied'' how many reps?'' the guy said ''i will let you know, get busy'', a command.im sitting on my bench and realize this guy has a very thick build, i asked him his name..' mike cacciatore' he replies..he is 63 years old and ran lovejoy's barbell club back in the day, he went on to say he has been trained by 'off the boat'' brothers, real oldschool shit he was making these guys do, without any questions, these guys would grab whatever equipment and weight he told them and off they would go. he said his best squat was 800lbs..so im all ears now, he trains guys for free because he is returning the favor from years ago,the old lifters never charged him. he would train guys who would go on to be one of the best of the best, all title holders.., i finally got to my benching,finished up, when mochael was over on a recumbent bike, i had to go over and voice my respect for what he has done and is doing, the guy invited me to join his workout crew!! mon, tues, thurs, 6 pm...he was there today because his boys were leaving town for a few days. sadly,im at work them hours but it is very tempting to take him up on his most generous offer! one catch, the minute you say you cant do anymore, your out!! just a story for you guys.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
i told him about my up coming meet,and my benching issues, he asked how old i was and my occupation..i may be wet behind the ears in regards to powerlifting, but he suggested i do 8 reps and test my 1 rm every other week, save my joints. he also recommended i take cayanne,tumeric,cinnamon, and a shit load of fish oil.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic