Latest Member
jacobss

Lilliebridges New Wraps - Pioneer Fitness

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Thanks.

I should also add that as my 1RM increases, the number I wait to get to before breaking out my wraps also increases. I also do the same when it comes to breaking out my sleeves. For me I don't break them out until I'm at 70% of 1RM.

I don't use/own sleeves at all. I only own 1 pair of wraps and I only use them on a test day for doubles, triples or a big single. I'm different, I guess but I try to be as simple as possible with the gear.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I don't use/own sleeves at all. I only own 1 pair of wraps and I only use them on a test day for doubles, triples or a big single. I'm different, I guess but I try to be as simple as possible with the gear.

I will admit... I baby my knees since these are my 2nd pair and I can't afford a 3rd. I'm also getting up there in age when talking about lifting heavy so I tend to save my joints so I can keep killing it for decades.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I will admit... I baby my knees since these are my 2nd pair and I can't afford a 3rd. I'm also getting up there in age when talking about lifting heavy so I tend to save my joints so I can keep killing it for decades.

Makes complete sense, considering the above. I may be asking for trouble without using sleeves....I've considered them but don't want to feel like a crossfitter.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
I don't break out wraps till I hit certain %'s of mny 1RM. For me I don't wrap until I'm at >85% of my 1RM and I do most of my training without wearing wraps.

I understand that now, even though I haven't used wraps in over a year...I was just new to the sport (still am) and immediately followed suit and started wrapping before building any sort of solid base...I have only been squatting regularly for less than 2 years...so I really want to aim to hit close to a 2.5xBW single without wraps before opening up that can again...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I understand that now, even though I haven't used wraps in over a year...I was just new to the sport (still am) and immediately followed suit and started wrapping before building any sort of solid base...I have only been squatting regularly for less than 2 years...so I really want to aim to hit close to a 2.5xBW single without wraps before opening up that can again...

That's always a smart idea. A very well known PLer was training his nephew and to get his numbers up quicker he threw the kid in gear and was no help to the kid imho.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic