Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Lilliebridge Method question

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I just started this program and have a question, I'm sure there will be more. Yesterday was heavy squat/light dl. On squats I'm working low rep sets to %87 amrap. How many reps is "low rep" set. I did 3's and 2's. Were the sets of 3 too high? Thanks in advance.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
In powerlifting, it's my understanding that 2-3 reps is considered low rep sets. I think 6-8 is considered high rep sets (although some would argue that 5-6 is high rep sets for at least the main lift that day).

So I think you were right on.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
1 2 or 3 are all fine. That depends on how you feel.

Most of these programs aren't written by these guys sitting at a computer and mathematically figuring out the best percentages. They all come from having a bunch of successful training cycles then looking back on what your weights were for the day and figuring out the percentage from there. Don't get too hung up on it. They're just a guide.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
1 2 or 3 are all fine. That depends on how you feel.

Most of these programs aren't written by these guys sitting at a computer and mathematically figuring out the best percentages. They all come from having a bunch of successful training cycles then looking back on what your weights were for the day and figuring out the percentage from there. Don't get too hung up on it. They're just a guide.

Awesome, thanks! I was hoping to hear from you on this, you were recommended as a Lilliebridge consultant

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic