Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Life isn't fair!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Lost one of my close friends to an OD last night. He was clean for a while, so positive with his social media posts and thankful for everyone that has helped him recently.

He beat cancer, got hooked on some pills while in chemo, was at stage 4 and wasn't supposed to live.....beat the odds and then the pills got him for a couple of years. Got clean for 4 years, met up with an old friend, did Heroin 10x in a week the first time he tried it....went into rehab again, he came out good and was at an NA meeting last night when he left early with an unknown (none of our friends know who it was)....got a bad batch of H, went to his Mom's house because he felt weird and died in front of her. Paramedics administered narcan (sp) and it was too late.

I'm devastated right now and just needed to get my thoughts out there since this forum allows the venting and none of you know him.

I'm at work....trying to focus and clear away the tears as I have a crazy busy day but I can't stop thinking about my friend.

Hold your loved ones tighter today.

Please don't say anything negative about his manner of death.....I'm in a bad place and had to throw my thoughts out there.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
UHC I'm so sorry! He is your great friend.Think about how much support your friendship brought to each other. In his suffering you were help and support to him in his struggle to break free.
Let us, your friends on here surround you now with our support. I am with you brother and feel very sad about this loss.
The bonds of brotherhood and friendship are not broken by death.

Last edited:
L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
I don't know how many people I have known over the years that I've lost to addiction. I almost died myself from it and the loss never gets easier.

Nothing I say will make this easier but when this situation comes up I go and help someone. Don't know why but helps me more than them. Go help an elderly person in your family or friends family, even if it's just to talk the elderly love to talk. the conversation doesnt have to be about death or loss it can be about marriage or kids or whatever, they have a lot to offer having lived so many years.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Sorry about ur loss brother I can relate to what you are going threw and feeling you wana vent or talk feel free to pm me anytime.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm truly sorry for your loss.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey UHC, so sorry to hear of this tragic loss. My prayers are going out to you and his family.

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
Sorry UHC, I know you must feel horrible losing one of your close friends and are probably down in the dumps, try to remember the good things in your life.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Sorry UHC, I know you must feel horrible losing one of your close friends and are probably down in the dumps, try to remember the good things in your life.

YOu know what type of week that this has been.....like, now this?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Damn man, sorry to hear this. I can only imagine what it must be like. Hang in there champ, my pm box is open if you need to talk brother.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Very sorry to hear this brother. You know all of us are here for you, if you need someone to vent to personally you know you can always PM me. You're family to me brother. Many prayers sent up for you and his family.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic