Levrone to return to 2017 Olympia?

Discussion in 'Latest News In The Bodybuilding World' started by +50, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ The Veganator

Dec 23, 2012
    Sorry guys, I must have typed that without coffee in my system haha. But saying that I didn't actually realise that Mentzer had won an O.

And yeah, I would consider Lou one of the greats for sure.

2. jks1

jks1 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I think the IFBB gave him this 'honorable pass' in 2016 as his presence would have allowed them to attempt to drum up further interest and ticket sales in what appears to be a bodybuilding audience who are losing interest in an increasingly predictable, monotonous and somewhat lacklustre Mr Olympia contest.

He did seem to make a difference.

admin likes this.
  3. jks1

jks1 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Mentzer won the heavyweight class in '79 with a perfect score but the judges decided to give the overall title to Zane, who admittedly did look phenomenal that year

4. IronInsanity

IronInsanity TID Board Of Directors

May 3, 2011
    I was always a fan of Zane.

This might be my favorite bodybuilding pose of all time...

[​IMG]

5. jks1

jks1 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I really wasn't until recently when I saw contest footage of him in '80 and the late '70s

Prior to this I'd only seen him in later (mid '80s) contests where he didn't look as good.

This photo is taken from the '79 Olympia and is one of my favourite pictures, and poses from the Golden Era, absolutely amazing