Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Learning Spanish

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Might I suggest that if you are not exposed to Spanish already in your daily life, put a Spanish language radio on in your car and or have a Spanish tv station on around the house while you are doing other things so that you get used to hearing it. You will start to pick things up contextually. I have run into immigrants from other non Spanish countries who learned Spanish because that's all that was on tv in detention.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Its just different dialets...............the biggest deal though is Spain spainish. Castilliano Espanol...................That is VERY offensive in Mexico. They can pick up on it and they dont like it.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Its just different dialets...............the biggest deal though is Spain spainish. Castilliano Espanol...................That is VERY offensive in Mexico. They can pick up on it and they dont like it.

Most Spanish will deny any relation to Mexicans lol They do seem to dislike each other.

There was an option for Castillion, but I knew the difference and chose not to learn that

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Most Spanish will deny any relation to Mexicans lol They do seem to dislike each other.

There was an option for Castillion, but I knew the difference and chose not to learn that

It has to do with the conquistidores. Its mostly from the more indian type mexican or those who have deep Mexican roots. Not the curly haired ginger rich kids in Mexico city that are pumped full of European blood. Whom the real Mexicans hate too btw. So they pretty much hate Spaniards. But they especially hate the accent.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
It has to do with the conquistidores. Its mostly from the more indian type mexican or those who have deep Mexican roots. Not the curly haired ginger rich kids in Mexico city that are pumped full of European blood. Whom the real Mexicans hate too btw. So they pretty much hate Spaniards. But they especially hate the accent.

The Spaniards doesnt exactly care much for the Mexicans so I guess the feeling is mutual :)
One of my college friends was from Catalonia, he considered himself superior to the Spanish and the Mexicans was nothing but trash.

I bought Rosetta Stone.
It works but it takes a lot of time.
You have to invest your time into learning another language via a computer.
Unfortunately I have been very lazy and not put much into it.
I live in Texas so I have the opportunity to speak "Mexican" everyday so I really dont have much of an excuse not learning the language.
I think I paid $230 for the Rosetta Stone. I think its worth it if you use it.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
knowing Spanish is a great way of meeting Latin chicks. Of course, it's always helpful to pretend that you're not very good at it. They think it's cute and then want to try and help you!

Always good to have some strategery! LOL

Ohhhh . . . you conniving bastard, you. Guess this allows you to be bi-lingual then?

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
When do they get naked? I watched a few mins, only caught a few words I understood, then realized she wasn't going to strip and stopped the video lol

Hablan muy rapido!! No intiendo.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Yeah, thats pretty much all Mexican TV right there. You gotta love it!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic