Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

lean taco salad

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
this is so yummy...I had to post it up. Sometimes we forget that eating right can also be tasty :)

diet friendly taco salad
1-1.5lb of your fav lean meat (I used 1lb ground turkey and 1/2lb ground turkey breast because I am only moderately cutting cals/fat right now)..hint-try shredded stewed chicken in these..it rocks!

1 packet taco seasoning per lb (I get one with no added carbs, so zero cals...just have to watch for sodium if you are limiting that)* I added ground cumin to taste since I had 1.5lbs meat...prepare meat according to package directions

lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese- low fat (or fat free) if you are really cutting cals/fat (I used regular, but just a lil, maybe 2 tablespoons)...whatever you like in your tacos (keeping your diet in mind of course)

whole wheat tortillas (or the reduced carb...just have to watch out as they have 13g of fiber each...if your family will eat several you should get them separate tortillas as you don't want to cause them undo gastrointestinal distress LOL).

fat free greek yogurt for garnish (perfect sub for sour cream, but twice the protein and none of the guilt)

voila! perfectly diet friendly (if watching portions anyway LOL) and so tasty you feel like you are cheating.

added tip * you can use 1/2lb of your fav ground meat and add an equal portion of mashed canned black beans to the meat after it is browned (and before adding seasoning)...this is one way to decrease the fat and cost and to increase the fiber and it is both tasty and healthy alternative which most people won't notice if you mash it up real good.

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
That would be tasty with buffalo. I also do something similar but use your favorite fish, 86 the taco seasoning, add homemade salsa, toss in avacado and you have fish tacos.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Thank you shan I will try this one for dinner tonight.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Admin - hips makes these for me often. They are great and real easy to cook up a few pounds at a time. I buy the lower sodium taco seasoning packs and use one for every two pounds. I find that to be enough for my tastes.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
yep...and it will freeze fine after cooked...so it is an easy food that makes you feel like you are actually "eating" on occasion LOL

Reactions: 2ez
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic