Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Ketosis Reader

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I started a CKD diet beginning of month and looked up on the forums how to tell when you were in Ketosis. Ketostrips was what I read. Tried them out; read the directions, and found myself pissing in a cup. Tried going right for the stick but I'm well hydrated and power washed it right out of my hand. I can imagine women have more of a challenge. I also understand that if one is at a level of dehydration that stix could give inaccurate results.

Point is; I couldn't find a product that I could keep in my gym bag and at a whim see if I'm in ketosis. I'm from a electronics manufacturing back-ground so I submitted an idea of a breath-a-lyzer type tool that would read when you're in ketosis to a design/manufacturing company. I think most here at TID already know the chemistry behind this, but what I was wondering who would use this? Would people in the bodybuilding community use this? Would the clients of the trainers use something like this? Especially the more obese ones that are very successful on ketosis diets? What would something like this cost? What are some features that could be added on?

I know I'd get one because I'm willing to make one myself; but I'd love to hear your guys' opinion on this. Thanks!

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
MatthewC I will be the first to buy one if you can make it. Would this device have a digital readout correlating a number to ketosis?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think diabetics may have some use for something like this as well. This product could have a serious future.... And like Admin mentioned, getting away from the colorimetric testing method would be great. If you are dehydrated the ketostix will darken.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
From what I've read so far; ketones are not registerd in you breath; but acetone is. The level of acetone should have a correlation of home much keytones would be in the bloodstream. The digital readout could be a range of .05 mg/dL-30 mg/dL on a digital monitor. But a more user friendly would probably be a digital readout of a ranking of some sort. 1. Being negetive, 5- ketonuria 10- Severe Ketonuria.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic