What's New?

Keto and Lipid Panels?

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Hey gang;

Been a while since I had a legitimate question

So I've been talking mad shit about keto for years. Like how can you eat bacon and fried chicken skins and be healthy internally? So you lose weight....but how are those triglycerides?

No one has ever shown me their panels, as I think most people just do the diet and if it shows visual results they move on and say it works.

So just to stop eating fast food while damn near living in the car, I started buying a lot of keto stuff just to keep me full longer, not necessarily to lose weight. Even eating mike n ikes with keto foods, I somehow went from 242 to 229 over 6 months, and have NOT been going to the gym 5x a week like I used to. Just getting old and busy these days.

So I go for my semi yearly bloodwork and ass chewing from my Dr and how he always tries to stick me on statins. Granted we're talking about LDL around 165, HDL 45, triglycerides that barely break 200. Not terrible.

But now LDL is 99, trys are 110, HDL still 45ish....this is the healthiest I've been on paper since I was a teenager. Oh and BP went from 142/80 to 122/72...fuckin textbook

SOOOOO...how the FUCK does that work? How can you eat tons of saturated fat, workout minimally, and NOT have a stroke like I thought Keto would lead to?

serious question....

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
What does the Dr say, he or she would most likely know best.....

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
What does the Dr say, he or she would most likely know best.....
He was skeptical. I told him all of the above. Still is. But his notes on my bloodwork says everything "...is finally normal, no medication recommended at this time. Follow up in 6 months if feeling healthy"

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Hey gang;

So I've been talking mad shit about keto for years. Like how can you eat bacon and fried chicken skins and be healthy internally? So you lose weight....but how are those triglycerides?

No one has ever shown me their panels, as I think most people just do the diet and if it shows visual results they move on and say it works.

So just to stop eating fast food while damn near living in the car, I started buying a lot of keto stuff just to keep me full longer, not necessarily to lose weight. Even eating mike n ikes with keto foods, I somehow went from 242 to 229 over 6 months, and have NOT been going to the gym 5x a week like I used to. Just getting old and busy these days.

So I go for my semi yearly bloodwork and ass chewing from my Dr and how he always tries to stick me on statins. Granted we're talking about LDL around 165, HDL 45, triglycerides that barely break 200. Not terrible.

But now LDL is 99, trys are 110, HDL still 45ish....this is the healthiest I've been on paper since I was a teenager. Oh and BP went from 142/80 to 122/72...fuckin textbook

SOOOOO...how the FUCK does that work? How can you eat tons of saturated fat, workout minimally, and NOT have a stroke like I thought Keto would lead to?

serious question....
Better keep these great results to yourself. They don't like that kinda talk around here. I posted that I was switching to a meat based diet and caught 13 different kinds of hell for it. Even posted results after 6 months and losing 51 pounds and being in the best shape I've been in years. It obviously works and works well. (BP dropped, all my numbers look good etc.) Me and a few others have been trying to post about it and to say it has not been well received would be a huge understatement. People have their minds made up and "the science is settled"

On a personal note great work man. Its all about staying healthy.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hey gang;

serious question....
Good lipid panels. I wanted to touch on two changes you made. You said you dropped fast food? And started eating Keto stuff. What did you buy? How often did you eat that daily? What were your other meals?

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Good lipid panels. I wanted to touch on two changes you made. You said you dropped fast food? And started eating Keto stuff. What did you buy? How often did you eat that daily? What were your other meals?

Fast food was always the same thing

Jr hamburger, no pickles no cheese, and spicy mchicken (plain) with a diet dr pepper. 4x a week easy. Now it's 2 or 3x a month

Replaced with flocks chicken chips (skins), but like 4 bags a day. And added project breakfast MCT shakes in the morning (or mixed with a protein shake)

The chicken skins have an incredible amount of saturated fat and sodium per bag, but no net carbs. So I still was afraid my lipids would be off the charts

I will also add that I haven't drank a drop of alcohol since May. I know that when I was really into craft beers and Belgians my lipids were off the charts. So I quit drinking those years ago. And was mainly scotch or anything without much of a mixer up until may

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
A chicken breast doesn't always equal a chicken breast if they are prepared/cooked two different ways.

A much greater variable might be introduced when alcohol consumption amounts are considered.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Awesome results. Keeping insulin on the lower side does wonders for our bodies.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic