Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Kansas businessman indicted for selling steroids

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
A Kansas business owner and a Maryland doctor illegally distributed more than $1.3 million worth of anabolic steroids, federal prosecutors alleged in an indictment returned today.

Scott Lofquist, 51, of Fairway, and Rodney Baltazar, 48, of Elkton, Md., allegedly conspired to distribute 1.3 million units of steroids through Lifetime Wellness, Lofquist’s business, between 2008 and 2010, according to the indictment.

Lofquist operated the business out of his home and from the home of another person in Kansas City, according to court records.

He allegedly sold the drugs to those wishing to reverse the course of aging, body builders and athletes seeking to improve their performance.

Baltazar, who allegedly wrote the prescriptions, did not see the patients in person, according to court records.

Neither man could be reached for comment. Lofquist’s number has been disconnected, and a listed number for Baltazar now is assigned to a real estate firm.

Prosecutors also are asking a judge to order the men to forfeit $1.36 million in proceeds from the alleged scheme.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Here we go again...greed always sets people up for a hard fall :rolleyes:

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Why are they stupid and how were they greedy???

They were selling legitimate medication to those who needed it. The only reason these gray-market type docs exist is because the medical communities hands are tied by the useless bureaucrats at FDA. Andropause is only recently becoming a part of the clinical lexicon but in the mean time people are sick of suffering.

Where are the reports of those patients that were injured by this treatment? There probably aren't any. So they aren't stupid or greedy - just successful. And if you could line up their many customers I bet each and every one of them would have only good things to say (yes I realize that won't happen lol).

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Its an unfair medical situation. A woman with low/insufficient hormone levels can go anywhere to be treated and pick up the script anywhere too. Men have hormone levels drop and were expected to deal with it.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
its an unfair medical situation. A woman with low/insufficient hormone levels can go anywhere to be treated and pick up the script anywhere too. Men have hormone levels drop and were expected to deal with it.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Why are they stupid and how were they greedy???

They were selling legitimate medication to those who needed it. The only reason these gray-market type docs exist is because the medical communities hands are tied by the useless bureaucrats at FDA. Andropause is only recently becoming a part of the clinical lexicon but in the mean time people are sick of suffering.

Where are the reports of those patients that were injured by this treatment? There probably aren't any. So they aren't stupid or greedy - just successful. And if you could line up their many customers I bet each and every one of them would have only good things to say (yes I realize that won't happen lol).
because he was writing prescriptions without even seeing his patients.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
because he was writing prescriptions without even seeing his patients.
Many docs prescribe meds with only a phone consult. Its because the Goddamn MLB turned testosterone into fucking herion.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Many docs prescribe meds with only a phone consult. Its because the Goddamn MLB turned testosterone into fucking herion.
blood work is mandatory for test and for good reason. it's bad practice to prescribe anything without EVER having seen your patient.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I agree. but the report doesn't say if any test had been conducted. there are those mail in type kits. Not trying to argue just for argument sake. but i do think our hormone levels should be looked at from a medical treatment standpoint just as a females are.

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
Here's the deal on this one. Scott was selling prescriptions for AAS written by Dr. Baltazar out of some of the local gyms in his area. He actually had a couple sales reps helping him. It was very out in the open and widely known what was going on in those particular gyms. I'm curious if any of his sales reps are gonna get a pee pee spanking.

Although I don't agree with the witch hunt for AAS. I firmly believe a "legitimate" Physician should run blood work and other test when prescribing medication.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic