Latest Member
Blackenalma
What's New?

Is the world gonna end in 2012?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
No one said nothing, calm down. True wisdom is beyond a college degree, some of the dumbest people i've known have a degree and don't know what the hell there talking about.

True, a degree is. Piece of paper that verifies you went to school. It don't mean squat . I have my masters but only cuz it's the only means I had of getting a raise in pay in my field. No raise in 13 years but get 50 bucks added to my weekly pay lol. Before I even had my BA I supervised masters level worker that recently graduated only because nothing in classes were relevant to the real world duty status of each position . The worse people on my work team are college grads because not only do they lack experience they think that paper entitled them to avoid the hard parts of the work day, so when I had to assign the monitoring and cleaning of the rest rooms it gave me great satisfaction to assign the cleaning of smeared feces and the mopping up of an ocean of urine , all client / patients were HIV and hepatitis carriers so I had even greater pleasure of disciplining them for always neglecting to use universal precautions and proper chemicals for germ control . In this country people are shallow impatient and completely ignorant. They emphasize that paper way too much. I worked the mental health field for years went to school part time so I could work and support myself, I learned how to work my way to the top . In my training I have trained and studied obsessively for almost 30 years and addition I got my CSCS Which requires a degree not just few classes and a test to train others another example of paper bulkshit , I got one cuz no one cares if you actually know what your doing. We can use here as an analogy I been around for decade or so, I know mr. Adjos is one of exceptional empirical experience relating to bodybuilding topics, probably more than 99% of anyone throughout the community , I have no doubt in my mind , yet I see I'm some threads where those who truly embrace ignorance referring to that as " bioscience " another slang term created by insecure individuals to disguise their overt ignorance. I can also reflect on my 40+ years of martial art training all over this planet with some of the most prestigious masters ect, I do have several superficial Blackbelts but even many experienced martial artists can't possibly understand that the mere use of the , " dan" ranking system ( black belt " ) indicates a modern form of martial arts where over the last century because of sport and the rules of society all modern forms have barely any combat left on them, the term " art" is a term of aesthetics not effectiveness in battle. People are caught up in a piece of paper that means nothing to those who truly understand. Bjj is a judo , a great sport but not for combat, maybe useful for like police to control . Karate, wushu , kung fu all sports, art forms or exercise . A trained soldier , trained to kill would never use these unless they were ignorant . The soldiers and warriors where they all came from had no belts or any board breaking or katas blah blah blah this all was created in piece they eliminated all the lethal techniques. Punching with a fist and kicking had no place in a soldiers arsenal , weapons open handed or strikes to vital areas and limb/ joint destruction. In real jujutsu ( koryu bujutsu) or Silat or Kali there are no such thing as holds or submissions. No kicks that create one to lose power and or balance . The methods or principles utilized for weapons were identical to hand to hand just movements were tighter or distance was shorter. The whole notion of 20 years to become a master or to learn a # of forms was created to extend the need for a teacher so they could make money FACT not OPINION ! There are many that may say I'm misinformed when I'm my real world I'm considered an authority- it is they that practice and don't get how their own art came to be, why? That stupid useless meaningless piece of paper

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Love ya IC but you need to brush up on history and get out of the box.

love you too sweatheart and by no means am I bothered, I also hope you dont see this as a personal attack.

and you pegged me well... I do cling to my box like a homeless guy in winter.
I am somewhat versed in history and ancient civilizations.. but I am no historian.
I agree that the mayans, as well as the aztecs and incans were very intellegent cultures with more than a basic understanding of mathematics.

It would also be foolish to discredit the advances made by the mayans as they infact were very knowledgable in mathmatics as well as skilled in stone masonery as and metal crafting.

but to say we CAN not reproduce there work may be a misrepresentation that we WILL not do it because you and I both know that there is no real money in it and the minds that have the ability to do so would rather find a way to create something new than to mimic something ancient... and we both know that necessity is the mother of invention... and recreating ancient work is not really necessary for survival.

In an attempt to draw a conclusion to my original statement... I feel that it is infact foolish for an entire sub culture to beleive the world will end because an ancient and non existent civilization had a calendar that ends on a day that translates to another day on our calendar...

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
As long as you dont hoard ameican currency, youll be fine. Your better off having everyone give you their gold/silver. Its the only thing thats going to be worth a shit in the years to come..

Incorrect. Food and ammo are the currency of the future.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
True, a degree is. Piece of paper that verifies you went to school. It don't mean squat . I have my masters but only cuz it's the only means I had of getting a raise in pay in my field. No raise in 13 years but get 50 bucks added to my weekly pay lol. Before I even had my BA I supervised masters level worker that recently graduated only because nothing in classes were relevant to the real world duty status of each position . The worse people on my work team are college grads because not only do they lack experience they think that paper entitled them to avoid the hard parts of the work day, so when I had to assign the monitoring and cleaning of the rest rooms it gave me great satisfaction to assign the cleaning of smeared feces and the mopping up of an ocean of urine , all client / patients were HIV and hepatitis carriers so I had even greater pleasure of disciplining them for always neglecting to use universal precautions and proper chemicals for germ control . In this country people are shallow impatient and completely ignorant. They emphasize that paper way too much. I worked the mental health field for years went to school part time so I could work and support myself, I learned how to work my way to the top . In my training I have trained and studied obsessively for almost 30 years and addition I got my CSCS Which requires a degree not just few classes and a test to train others another example of paper bulkshit , I got one cuz no one cares if you actually know what your doing. We can use here as an analogy I been around for decade or so, I know mr. Adjos is one of exceptional empirical experience relating to bodybuilding topics, probably more than 99% of anyone throughout the community , I have no doubt in my mind , yet I see I'm some threads where those who truly embrace ignorance referring to that as " bioscience " another slang term created by insecure individuals to disguise their overt ignorance. I can also reflect on my 40+ years of martial art training all over this planet with some of the most prestigious masters ect, I do have several superficial Blackbelts but even many experienced martial artists can't possibly understand that the mere use of the , " dan" ranking system ( black belt " ) indicates a modern form of martial arts where over the last century because of sport and the rules of society all modern forms have barely any combat left on them, the term " art" is a term of aesthetics not effectiveness in battle. People are caught up in a piece of paper that means nothing to those who truly understand. Bjj is a judo , a great sport but not for combat, maybe useful for like police to control . Karate, wushu , kung fu all sports, art forms or exercise . A trained soldier , trained to kill would never use these unless they were ignorant . The soldiers and warriors where they all came from had no belts or any board breaking or katas blah blah blah this all was created in piece they eliminated all the lethal techniques. Punching with a fist and kicking had no place in a soldiers arsenal , weapons open handed or strikes to vital areas and limb/ joint destruction. In real jujutsu ( koryu bujutsu) or Silat or Kali there are no such thing as holds or submissions. No kicks that create one to lose power and or balance . The methods or principles utilized for weapons were identical to hand to hand just movements were tighter or distance was shorter. The whole notion of 20 years to become a master or to learn a # of forms was created to extend the need for a teacher so they could make money FACT not OPINION ! There are many that may say I'm misinformed when I'm my real world I'm considered an authority- it is they that practice and don't get how their own art came to be, why? That stupid useless meaningless piece of paper

What???????? Talk about going off on a little post adventure lol

Fitter x

Fitter x

Nov 13, 2011
I dont think it is the end of the world, but, given the shit state of our country and the world, I believe BIG changes are coming very soon.

If everybody felt this way, maybe we could get some big changes.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010

It is possible to learn alot outside of a formal education, I agree. Example like Synthetic organic chemistry however I consider it just about impossible to gain decent knowledge without spending many years in school. This is not "elitist ", it is just reality.

It realy comes down to those who know how to use there knowledge and apply it to the right circumstances no matter what area of education your talking about. Alot with the knowledge and education don't always know how to use what they got .
IMO those who have a real passion for what there doing always seem to be on the cutting edge and learning.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
It is possible to learn alot outside of a formal education, I agree. Example like Synthetic organic chemistry however I consider it just about impossible to gain decent knowledge without spending many years in school. This is not "elitist ", it is just reality.

It realy comes down to those who know how to use there knowledge and apply it to the right circumstances no matter what area of education your talking about. Alot with the knowledge and education don't always know how to use what they got .
IMO those who have a real passion for what there doing always seem to be on the cutting edge and learning.

^^This, couldn't agree more.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
but to say we CAN not reproduce there work may be a misrepresentation that we WILL not do it because you and I both know that there is no real money in it and the minds that have the ability to do so would rather find a way to create something new than to mimic something ancient... and we both know that necessity is the mother of invention... and recreating ancient work is not really necessary for survival.

In an attempt to draw a conclusion to my original statement... I feel that it is infact foolish for an entire sub culture to beleive the world will end because an ancient and non existent civilization had a calendar that ends on a day that translates to another day on our calendar...

Two comments IC:

First:
Regarding ancient civilizations: The Pyramid of Giza, which we can NOT reproduce. Lets look at basic math here. They said it took 20-22 years to build and has over 2.3 million limestone blocks. Using basic math: 22 years = 8030 days = 197,720 hours = 11,563,200 seconds. Divide this by the 2.3 million blocks and we get 5.027 seconds PER block laid. That means every 5.027 seconds a block was cut from solid limestone, transported 20+ miles and laid in place. The answer would be and still is a resounding NO, we can not duplicate that today using the same techniques. And most engineers say we could not even duplicate that using today's technology !!

Secondly:
I agree with your statement about "foolish for an entire sub culture to beleive the world will end". But I disagree that we are not overdue for a world changing cataclysmic event.

Last edited:
Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Regarding the holy grail college education; it is motivation and hard work that will make one successful REGARDLESS of education !!!

Examples:

Henry Ford, who started the Ford Motor Co. and was the first auto manufacturer to use an assembly line, didn't graduate from high school.

Winston Churchill flunked out of sixth grade and never attended college, but became British prime minister and rallied his nation to help win World War II.

Harry Truman is the only president since 1897 not to graduate from college. He ran a haberdashery business that failed, then got into politics.

Thomas Edison, inventor of the record player and lightbulb, was thought to be mentally challenged as a child and was homeschooled.

Benjamin Franklin was homeschooled, and went on to become an inventor, politician, publisher and signer of the Declaration of Independence.

Mary Kay Ash dropped out of college when she married. When she was passed over for promotion by a man she had trained, she started Mary Kay Cosmetics, which now sells more than $2 billion worth of products every year.

Bill Gates dropped out of college but started Microsoft and is now one of the richest people in the world and a great philanthropist.

John D. Rockefeller dropped out of high school, but went on to found the Standard Oil Co. and became the first American billionaire.

Walt Disney dropped out of high school to join the Army. He was rejected, joined the Red Cross and was sent to Europe during World War I. Upon his return, he began an art career.

Mark Zuckerberg was a Harvard student when he quit school to develop the website Facebook and now, at 26, is worth $1.5 billion.

J.K. Rowling, author of the wildly successful Harry Potter novels, never attended college.

Charles Lindbergh left the University of Wisconsin after two years to learn how to fly.

Will Rogers dropped out of high school but went on to become a beloved humorist.

Wally Amos left high school to join the Air Force, and later started Famous Amos Cookies.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
photo.jpg

Got a kick out of this...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic