Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Is Gun Control the answer?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
With the recent event in Aurora Colorado, talking heads and news pundits are having a field day with the issue of gun control. Its no surprise this is being talked about and the push for stricter gun requirements just got a little more heated. I will say this, all the gun control in the world aint gonna stop the next asshole frome loading up and going on a shooting spree. Im all for law abiding citizens who meet the standards, to be able to have a CW permit (concealed weapon) or be able to wear the firearm on your hip. Maybe if someone in the movie theater had been packing some heat legally, they could have plugged one in the guys head or chest and prevented mass casualties...my 2 cc's.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
What's to say The Nazi government here didn't set the CO incident up to force gun control, wouldn't surprise me any.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I went to see Batman yesterday, 35 - 40 minutes into the movie, some guy walks into the theater and sits right behind me. Normally I would have thought nothing of this, but due to this indecent, I got up about a minute later, turned around, checked the guy out, went to the bathroom, came back staring at the guy the whole time. He got up and moved, lol

No point in the story, just being aware of my surroundings and had I had my gun with me I would have worried less.

Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
With the way the economy blows and people are still loosing jobs and having everyonr depressed. We're going to see stuff like this alot. Im always strapped with my Springfield xd .40. I got my permit so believe me I'm strapped.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
No gun control is the best gun control. You don't try to rob someone when they just might kill you for it.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
One of the tricks the government is using to take gun rights away from good citizens is to change laws to give felony labels to victimless and non-violent crimes and crimes that have been traditionally viewed merely as misdemeanors. (i.e. OWI, marijuana possession, a scuffle in a bar, domestic disturbance, etc.) Once the citizen has a "felon" label attached to his name he can kiss his firearms goodbye. The government's general goal seems to be to take away all self-defense related rights, and to leave us totally helpless and dependent on it for our safety and protection.

The problem is that while it wants to take our self-defense rights away, the government has proven itself totally incapable of identifying these violent crackpots before they commence their killing sprees.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
I know in MA you cant buy an automatic rifle.. I can see more states banning them as well.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
One of the tricks the government is using to take gun rights away from good citizens is to change laws to give felony labels to victimless and non-violent crimes and crimes that have been traditionally viewed merely as misdemeanors. (i.e. OWI, marijuana possession, a scuffle in a bar, domestic disturbance, etc.) Once the citizen has a "felon" label attached to his name he can kiss his firearms goodbye. The government's general goal seems to be to take away all self-defense related rights, and to leave us totally helpless and dependent on it for our safety and protection.

The problem is that while it wants to take our self-defense rights away, the government has proven itself totally incapable of identifying these violent crackpots before they commence their killing sprees.

Very true. It seems if you fart the wrong way, it will be considered a violent act and all of a sudden you have a violence charge on your record and the possibility of purchasing a firearm goes out the window.

This might sound a lil crazy but nothing is really crazy now a days, i wouldnt be surprised one bit if the Colorado shooter is a patsy. The UN gun control vote bullshit is oddly coincedental, the timing of it.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The gov't wants you to feel afraid, and then will tell you that they can protect you, just surrender more freedom. Don't buy it.

That douchebag could have walked into that movie theatre with a bow and arrow and killed just as many people. He could have gone into that theatre with a baseball bat and killed multiple people. Shit, he could have gone into that theature with a kitchen knife and killed multiple people. The gov't cannot guarantee your safety when an individual plans to take the life of multiple innocent people like that. And surrendering freedom won't make you any safer.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic