jacobss
What's New?

Iodine for treatment of BPH

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Was speaking with my BIL about prostate issues, and he's had some real issues over the past several years. He recently said that his prostate issues are almost completely gone, and that his supplementation of iodine and hydrogen peroxide (I think this second one is correct), as well as swapping out tap water for drinking distilled water, has been magic.

I don't have significant BPH, but I do have to get up and pee once every night, and it's a pain. Have any of you used iodine to address this? BTW, he said that he'd been taking flomax and other prescription meds previously with only modest success, and he doesn't take any of that stuff anymore.

I found this article. Just curious to hear from some of you with first hand experience.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
-Found this regarding hydrogen peroxide for BPH, but it was only investigated as used after a prostate procedure, and not for a pre-operative treatment.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Don’t want to derail but those with the smallest prostrate tend to have the highest zinc levels…. I think 50mg should be the minimum but even up to 100mg/day of a higher quality or chelated version…. No oxide.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
-Found this regarding hydrogen peroxide for BPH, but it was only investigated as used after a prostate procedure, and not for a pre-operative treatment.

Yup, post-TURP irrigation has a different purpose than size reduction of the prostate. Had the so-called roto rooter surgery a few yrs ago. The Urologist has to be able to see what he + that weed wacker he's using are accomplishing, hence the constant irrigation.

Meanwhile, what is considered a minor procedure by everyone but the prostate's owner could, in rare cases, kill you. This could happen if the irrigation has a systemic effect and messes with your electrolytes to the extent it causes heart failure. The typical solution is to keep the patient overnight for observation and only discharge him the next day. This risk is said to be rare, but my Insurance didn't question the overnight stay even though it cost them more money.

(for those who dread the idea of ever having a TURP, it's done in the OR under general anesthesia ... it's not as bad as you think)

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I thought I hate prostate issues turned out to be sleep apnea causing me to urinate 6 times a night. Sorry Tommy out of my depth on this one.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
If you have to go the surgery route, HoLEP for sure and with a doc that can do them blindfolded and will take the time to scope and US your prostate, and do flow/bladder studies to make sure the technique they use is best for you. TURP is 1960's shit and in the hands of an older doc that is getting ready to retire or a newbee, you're asking for long term problems. Been 11 mo since my HoLEP and I couldn't be happier. Piss a hole in a rock at will, bladder capacity twice what it was, leakage is very rare and only in a certain position with a really full bladder, never during lifting. Mostly retro ejac but that goes with TURP as well. If you're in the Midwest, Simta De MD/PHD at the Cleveland Clinic. The girl is a wizard with a laser and focused on optimal outcomes with minimal issues. Likes good bourbon as well so that made me more comfortable.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
swapping out tap water for drinking distilled water, has been magic.
.................................................................................................................................................

Is he adding minerals to the distilled water? day after day he drinks distilled water?

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
do you know how much of iodine or peroxide he was taking?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Mostly retro ejac but that goes with TURP as well. If you're in the Midwest, Simta De MD/PHD at the Cleveland Clinic. The girl is a wizard with a laser and focused on optimal outcomes with minimal issues. Likes good bourbon as well so that made me more comfortable.
Thanks for the very helpful info, as I'm in the Midwest. Is retro ejac the situation that you orgasm, but are shooting a blank? Pfffftt?

She likes bourbon? Nice! If I don't need the procedure, maybe she'll just marry me....

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Is he adding minerals to the distilled water? day after day he drinks distilled water?
That's what he told me. He also said he'll sometimes drink filtered water, but he didn't explain what that was. Seems like you'd be deficient on the minerals, but he indicated that some of the crap put into tap water these days is worse.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
do you know how much of iodine or peroxide he was taking?
I'll ask him. He's stayed constant on the iodine. Regarding the peroxide, he told me he started low (don't know what that means), and then ramped up, like it was some kind of 1 month detox, then dropped down to a small amount, and is holding steady. I've never heard of peroxide being ingested...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic