Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Inversion table for bodybuilders?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I am very interested in one if these, but unfortunately I'm 275lbs.any inexpensive models that support over 250lb?

If you find one let me know b/c I need a heavy duty one. I'm staying around 285lbs but will go back to heavier weight in the future.

As for those who haven't used one, you NEED to. It will help A LOT.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Coming from someone that has scoliosis along with L4 L5 and C2 issues..... yes, it's a necessity for me.

I still see my chiropractor every 3 weeks opposed to every week like I used to. We both agreed that the table helps however due to the scoliosis, it's still imperative for me to see him every 20 days or so....the table won't cure anything but it will help it maintain proper alignment.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
BI-

For about 4 hunge, I bought the Teeter Hang ups 950.

It fits up to 300 (although my buddy was a former lineman, weighs at least 3 and a Q and he was on it no problem).....and height wise, can adjust to like 6'6" or so.

It's well worth it. I had a teeter before and was happy. Had this one now for about a year now.

I looked at heavier ones and the best one that I found for someone your size (aside from the 950 mentioned above) is Ironman Gravity 4000 Inversion Table.....supports up to 350 and 6'6" (although I've never used it)....and it's about half the price of the Teeter.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BI-

It fits up to 300 (although my buddy was a former lineman, weighs at least 3 and a Q and he was on it no problem).....and height wise, can adjust to like 6'6" or so.

It's well worth it. I had a teeter before and was happy. Had this one now for about a year now.

I looked at heavier ones and the best one that I found for someone your size (aside from the 950 mentioned above) is Ironman Gravity 4000 Inversion Table.....supports up to 350 and 6'6" (although I've never used it)....and it's about half the price of the Teeter.

THANKS uphillclimb. I'll be checking it out this week and probably get in a week or 2.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
use a power rack and inversion boots. It's a good test of core strength when you're trying to get out of them but works the same and holds more weight! Grab a 25lb plate and hang..it will align you and does work.

BEASTZ6

BEASTZ6

Sep 15, 2013
I am very interested in one if these, but unfortunately I'm 275lbs.any inexpensive models that support over 250lb?

Check out Amazon.com They have some that support 300 lbs. I am going to buy one for spinal decompression caused by heavy squats over the past 3 decades.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
For those that would like to buy a quality inversion table but don't want a hefty price tag..... I have a solution for you, it's called Craigslist. I have purchased 2 Teeters and the second one was brand new in the box for $150 and it goes for $400 retail. It has the lumbar bridge and the acupuncture nodes that I can adjust on it.

P

PEZ

Nov 21, 2011
BI-

Teeter's on sale at Costco (at least the one near me) for $200.00.

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
Not quite the same as an inversion table but if you'll use the foam roller it helps a lot also. I bought the nike one with all the little lugs and it helps me work out a lot of back soreness.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Teeter's on sale at Costco (at least the one near me) for $200.00.

They have the 560 for $300 at the Costco. It's not bad but you can get better from Craigslist.

lucky5331

lucky5331

Feb 3, 2015
I should use mine on a more regular basis but I tend to use it only when I feel injured. Multiple times when I have tweaked my lower back. By tweaked I mean strained even to the point of pain standing up out of a seated position or sitting. I have gotten on the inversion table inverted fully and the compressed feeling in my back is gone. I will never get rid of mine...now if I could just use it regularly there are probably multiple positives...I have a teeter

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I should use mine on a more regular basis but I tend to use it only when I feel injured. Multiple times when I have tweaked my lower back. By tweaked I mean strained even to the point of pain standing up out of a seated position or sitting. I have gotten on the inversion table inverted fully and the compressed feeling in my back is gone. I will never get rid of mine...now if I could just use it regularly there are probably multiple positives...I have a teeter

For maintenence and allowing the proper nutrients and hydration to stay in the disks, 2 mins morning and night works well.

I always joke that my back is shaped like a lightning bolt but with the inversion table, it's my lifeline.....there is a true difference if I don't go on it for a week. Made that mistake twice and took me some time to rebound. I may be more of an extreme case but sciatica, lower lumbar and my hips are big time affected (especially driving) if I'm not hopping on at least semi-daily.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic