Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

intermittent fasting 16/8 and Buletproof coffee

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Just hoping someone that knows a bit about bulletproof coffee can chime in ... I am doing pretty strict IF 6 days a week an eating 2700 cal or so, training 5 -6 days a week. I fast from around 8or 9pm to about noon or noon 30 ... Previously had been having some black coffee in the am to kill appetite and increase fat burning however wondering how bulletproof coffee will affect this ... Carb intake is moderate now ...3.5 cups basmati rice daily or 2 cups and a large sweet potato and my main concern is getting benefits of leptin and insulin regulation and atophagy... Will this be a problem?

Ready... Go!

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
An also why does the butter and oil need to be BLENDED with the coffee? I am not sure why this is a requirement of making bulletproof coffee

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Apparently from what I was able to find on the subject the fats don't interrupt autophagy and the caffeine actually helps it

I used a stove top espresso maker an some very expensive single source organic coffee today

Blended with grass fed butter and coconut oil

Delicious and although I was 11-12 hours into a fast I had a great productive shoulder work out and cardio

D

damage

Jan 18, 2012
I have never tried this. Couldnt think of any reason why oil in my coffee would be a good idea, but it seems to be well liked by those that have tried it, so why not.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
It's a good idea because it is an extremely healthy fat source coupled with antioxidants... Your brain uses the fats for energy while your body is in atophagy or self feeding

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I'm curious the difference in grass fed hvy cream in your coffee vs grass fed butter

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Not entirely sure of the why's to this and I have to do some research ... I know grass fed heavy cream has no carbs/sugar but the main advocate site for this claims th following

4. Adding cream, milk, nut milk, sugar, or honey WRECKS the affects – The glorious effects of drinking Bulletproof® Coffee, like better brain function, increased energy, and normalized weight, can be canceled out when things like cream, milk, nut milk, sugar, and honey are added to the recipe. Each of these foods change insulin response, stop autophagy, or cause inflammation. These physiological/biochemical changes in your body equals a foggy brain, hunger, and fat gain. No thank you!

This just might be because regular cream has some added sugars or lactose sugars? Not sure!!

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
How much of the coffee do you make? Just one cup or a pot?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I do one cup in the am.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic