Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Insomnia

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Anyone have it? I'm not talking the occasional restless night here but genuine long term insomnia. I've currently been awake for over 33 hours and feel fine, this is nothing out of the ordinary for me.....anyone ever suffered from this?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I know you know this, but that's seriously bad for your health. I'm sure it's not intentional, but are you being treated?

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
This is something my partner keeps going on about also SAD, it can't be good for my health. I've never been treated for it, I've had strongest OTC crap they have but nada......TBH I don't like to take drugs/medication which is why I've never had it seen to and my parents said I'd grow out of it.....I'm guessing at the age of 40 that's not going to happen lol.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
My old doctor told me there 2 types of insomnia, trouble falling asleep and trouble staying asleep...mine was staying asleep. He prescribed me Intermezzo which helped a lil, for what its worth.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
It's the falling asleep I can't do, once I get there I'm usually ok but it's that final moment before you nod off that I can't do.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
It's the falling asleep I can't do, once I get there I'm usually ok but it's that final moment before you nod off that I can't do.
Don't know what to tell you bro except maybe turn off all tv's, radios, COMPUTER lol, anything that is distracting. Darken the room, maybe light a candle, have your girlfriend rub your back and close your eyes. The sound of running water like a river or stream, might be soothing. If you have Pandora I think there are channels called Landscapes where u can listen to wind, birds, water and soothing sounds, just a thought. Good luck Stumpy.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
It's almost like I can't switch off my brain at any time, I have problems concentrating on one thing at a time but can easily concentrate well on several things at the same time. When I feel myself just getting to that point when I should sleep my brain kicks into action and that's it.....awake all night.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Good dose of growth maybe? Would get expensive but you'd probably find it easier to fall asleep. If you're already doing this then I got nothing (except to go see a doctor and get treated.) I hate big pharma too, but sometimes, very rarely, but sometimes, if you're lucky, sometimes, they make something which is more beneficial than detrimental.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Not on HGH and can't afford it.

W

webber

Dec 5, 2013
I get it not offten. My brain just will not shut off.

Doc scripted me ambien. Its been about 5 years and I use maybe 3/5 times a month.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
I'm the same way, dont want to take the strong stuff so I use melatonin occasionally.

I sleep with the tv on because if I'm in total silence my brain wont stop. I go to sleep easily but after 3-4 hours I'm wide awake for a couple hours. Then I sleep for an hour and a half maybe.

I dont remember the last time I slept for 8 hours straight.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I have been battling the not being able to stay asleep for about 4 months now. I sleep about 20-40 minutes at a time, wake up and can't fall back asleep for sometime. Then when I do its the same 20-40min. Been averaging maybe 2-2.5 hours of sleep a night. And I always feel groggy and tired all the time, the broken sleep isn't adding up to enough at all. I have tried ambien, trazadone, and a few other things. nothing has seemed to work at all. Literally I don't know when it was last that I got a full nights sleep.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic