Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Increasing stance width and glute activation during squats

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
My ass must be mostly fat because it nearly disappears the last month precontest. So I've been trying to build up my glutes more. Wide stance is in my rotation, and especially if I feel strong, going wide definitely helps going heavy. This helps knowing there's no difference in the load that the quads take. I'll go wide alot more often now.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
i believe you are roughly my height pob, 5'9, my legs are a little long in comparison to my torso, and you know i have tried wide stance squats along with sumo deads to no avail, however, you can still do wide stance whereas i cannot, without discomfort. not 'heavy weight' discomfort either.you know, just cant find the groove.

You just have to slowly increase the width of your squat. Don't try to do it all at once. I would slowly increase the stance every couple of weeks and not I squat decently wide without any problem. Also be patient. It like taking step back to take 2 forward afterwards.

You could also do reverse band squats. That would take some pressure off those hips as you get adjusted to the wider stance. It also makes the lift dynamic since the weight is lighter at the bottom than at the top.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic