Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

In the beginning . . .

Northwestern

Northwestern

Nov 21, 2012
DC said something about making a thread, so I figured I would start putting things here. Let's start from the beginning . . .

I'm a finance guy. I've been a broker, an analyst, and a writer. In pursuing these activities and multiple degrees, I tended to put my body last, but not always. I've been ripped (thank you Sust 300 and d-Bol), I've been fat. I've been a rugby player and a tennis guy. I've been a smoker and a daily (heavy) drinker. Now I'm just your average finance guy, with no major vices (which I always thought made me more interesting).

So, why the f-k am I here? I'm here for information and inspiration. I've been lucky so far, as I have gotten both from really great people. Most of all, and I'll parphrase Braw here, I want to get back to "me." More than that, I want to go well beyond the old me and get competitive. I'm getting a trainer, in April, who has snagged magazine covers who will help me on my way and settle long-standing controversies (dairy/no dairy, some cardio/no cardio).

Will I cycle again? Not anytime soon. Once I get where I want to go and identify a contest, I'll shop for an appropriate cycle.

Right now, I'm doing an ungodly amount of cardio along with limited resistance training to prevent muscle loss and a very high protein diet. Things will likely change a lot mid April, so we shall see what comes next.

Last edited:
dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Right on nw !!!!

I'm subbed nothing like watching a good transformation

Northwestern

Northwestern

Nov 21, 2012
Much appreciated, guys. Having a cheering section makes all of the difference!

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Stick with it and stay away from excuses. My off days become make up days when I can't make the gym....

Northwestern

Northwestern

Nov 21, 2012
You are so right, Big. So far I've learned the difference between doing what I must do vs. doing what I feel like doing. If this is gonna work, how I feel needs to be ignored.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Congrats on making the decision to start on a better you. Will be checking in to make sure you're moving forward.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
in for this bro, keep your goals in check.

Someone wise once said, "your goals minus your doubts equals your reality".

Northwestern

Northwestern

Nov 21, 2012
Any1, I'll appreciate any check ups and advice.

UpHill, that statement was wise and I won't soon forget it.

You both are conspicuously awesome.

Northwestern

Northwestern

Nov 21, 2012
Many thanks, Turb! Hope all is well down South. Freezing my balls off here! And, yeah, I look forward to making progress to post up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic