Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls

In need of a new powerlifting system?

J

JTP

Jun 26, 2013
Hi everyone.

Just joined this forum, I've been on other forums too etc. I just wanted to see what most of your routines are for powerlifting?

I am okay with my routine, and what I'm doing. But I want a new sort of reps/sets system and was just wondering what you guys would suggest?

Thanks in return.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I like the Wave Loading Method. It worked real well for me. I think you should use that method for peaking for a contest.

I have also run a modified version of 5X5 and had pretty good success with it.

I seem to do better with more repetitions and a little lower weight.

Welcome to TID

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Welcome to TiD. I like Wendler's 5,3,1 program myself but am open to others.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Block training or Sheiko will make a man out of you.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I had a chance to talk to Brandon Lilly last weekend about his Cube method.

It's a lot like a cross between the old Frantz system ( that started Ed Coan off as well as dozens of other monsters) and the Westside system ( which is also producing top lifters now)...

By this point in the game I am already running my own programming but it is very similar to what Brandon has written out with the Cube. If I were going to pay for a manual, that'd be the one for sure. Add that to the fact that you can get on facebook and ask Brandon whatever you need about the program and you have a solid winner in my book. Plus, he's a really decent guy if you ever get a chance to meet him.

Whatever you go with though, give it a good year's commitment or more to get what you can out of it.

G

guinessforstrength

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
I also use wendlers 5/3/1 for powerlifting routine. His second book adds singles and peaks for meets

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Also a 5/3/1. Although I do my deload on Week 7.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I had a chance to talk to Brandon Lilly last weekend about his Cube method.

It's a lot like a cross between the old Frantz system ( that started Ed Coan off as well as dozens of other monsters) and the Westside system ( which is also producing top lifters now)...

By this point in the game I am already running my own programming but it is very similar to what Brandon has written out with the Cube. If I were going to pay for a manual, that'd be the one for sure. Add that to the fact that you can get on facebook and ask Brandon whatever you need about the program and you have a solid winner in my book. Plus, he's a really decent guy if you ever get a chance to meet him.

Whatever you go with though, give it a good year's commitment or more to get what you can out of it.
I know that there's a lot of people that don't like The Cube Method and there's also aparrently been a lot of injuries resulting from it, but I ran it leading into a meet last year and I thought it was excellent. Simple, flexible (if you need that in a programme) and it gave me great results ~ on the day when it matters.

All in all I think I probably ran it for maybe 8 or 9 months, I cab highly recommend it. 5/3/1 I also found to be good, but the strength gains from that tended to come a lot slower.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic