Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

IMS treatement for chronic low back pain???

Sedoj

Sedoj

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2013
I suffer from chronic low back pain and have had many medical investigations including X-rays and an MRI (Dr tells me they have found nothing of significance). Over the years I've tried extended rest periods from the gym, physio, chiro, massage, acupuncture, as well as muscle relaxants/anti spasm Rx without any lasting relief.

Overly-ambitious gym workouts after sitting at the work computer daily and sitting at school computer 2x/week does absolutely nothing to alleviate the persistent discomfort and being in constant pain is seriously pushing me to the emotional brink.

:violin:

I've recently started receiving Intra-muscular Stimulation treatements and was wondering if anyone else has used IMS to treat chronic pain and if so, did it bring any relief?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I like stem. It might help. I can't have it on to high. It will start to hurt. Have you tried kt tape or rock tape. Love it for my lower back.

Sedoj

Sedoj

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2013
I like stem. It might help. I can't have it on to high. It will start to hurt. Have you tried kt tape or rock tape. Love it for my lower back.

I've not tried kt tape or rock tape... Is it trial and error to find which taping technique works best for the injured area or would you recommend having someone apply it for you?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I have my man do it. You don't need a doc. You can watch YouTube videos on how to apply it.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
This is just a hunch, but I watched a video Brandon Lilly put together about this very issue. I think you have an imbalance somewhere other than your back.

What I mean by this, is that you could have a muscle group being over powered by your back muscle group and unable to support your back. This would cause you chronic pain.

If you can find the weakness and address it, I'm thinking it should help.

How much hamstring work are you doing? How much stretching of your back are you doing?

Do you stretch your psoas muscles ?

Sedoj

Sedoj

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2013
This is just a hunch, but I watched a video Brandon Lilly put together about this very issue. I think you have an imbalance somewhere other than your back.

What I mean by this, is that you could have a muscle group being over powered by your back muscle group and unable to support your back. This would cause you chronic pain.

If you can find the weakness and address it, I'm thinking it should help.

How much hamstring work are you doing? How much stretching of your back are you doing?

Do you stretch your psoas muscles ?

Thanks for your response Turbolag! Is there a link you could post the link to the Brandon Lilly video?

I work legs 2x/week (hams/glutes 1 day & quads the other) I've been told that I'm hamstring dominant. I am pretty sure my glutes aren't firing properly though, it seems that no matter how much I squat the damn booty just doesn't want to grow. I need to bring up my shoulders as well so I've also been working them 2x/week.

As for stretching I spend 10-15 minutes stretching & foam rolling after each session, and focus on psoas stretching as well.

Could I post a couple of photos to get feedback from you and tightglutes on which of my muscle groups are overpowering others?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Sure, lemme try to find it. I'll report back!

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I think I had it backwards. If you are leg dominant, your low back could be weak and it is possible that its being overpowered.

You need to strengthen your low back and back in general.

hyperextensions, reverse hypers.

Strengthen your ab areas also.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic