Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

impressive tank movements

N

MuscleHead
Jun 22, 2012
We had our national celebration day today in Austria and in Vienna they showed some helicopters (black hawk from the US and others) some tanks and other vehicles

I was so impressed by that tank movement. They didn't have much space. A crowd of people surrounded a place where three tanks did some action.

They rotated on their places but the cockpit always kept the same direction.

in this video you see something similar at 0:22 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd3UBYPsotw&t=22s

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
I like warthogs
images

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
I like my Revoltech Muv-Luv Alternative No.012 F-22A Raptor EMD Phase Action Figure.

TYKA04822_01.jpg

N

MuscleHead
Jun 22, 2012
I like this youtube video

Last edited by a moderator:
Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
I was deployed to White Sands Missile Base back in the early 80's and had the pleasure of watching an airshow where A10 "Warthogs" were ripping up tanks with their 50mm mini guns. The rounds were considered tank killers, and are made with spent radioactive materials (very dense/heavy).

I can understand your fascination!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
very impressive but i ask myself ....with concern who would the miliary use these tanks against?>And im not talking about hollywood fantasy.....dw

N

MuscleHead
Jun 22, 2012
I was deployed to White Sands Missile Base back in the early 80's and had the pleasure of watching an airshow where A10 "Warthogs" were ripping up tanks with their 50mm mini guns. The rounds were considered tank killers, and are made with spent radioactive materials (very dense/heavy).

I can understand your fascination!

isn't it 30mm (normally)? at least that's the info I've found meanwhile

very impressive but i ask myself ....with concern who would the miliary use these tanks against?>And im not talking about hollywood fantasy.....dw

austria is small country and on the 26. Oktober 1955 we had the Declaration of Neutrality. so our military (without any ships, we have no seaside) is only allowed to defend our country, well, lol, to protect our borders - but sometimes we join NATO or UN activities.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
isn't it 30mm (normally)? at least that's the info I've found meanwhile

Yes it is. And this was the early 80's. I've told this story so many times I screwed up this detail.

You are correct. It is 30mm rounds, not 50.

Thanks for the catch! =)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic