Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Ice Storms, Rail and Airports

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Things are looking up. Ubers are running, although very expensive ($35 for about 2 miles), but I can get to the light rail station, trains running again, which take me directly to the airport. The only question mark now is can my jet make it in from LAX, and if so, will it get out on time. No seats left on flight again because of all the earlier cancellations and everyone rebooked onto my flight. 2 of 3 runways at the airport still closed, but at least one is open and the ice has stopped so hopefully other two runways open by the time of my flight. Actually on my way to the hotel gym for a quick dumbbell workout before checkout. Hotel doesn't even have housekeeping staff because they couldn't get here, so later checkout no problem.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Best of luck to you on your travels back.
I am in NC and woke up to super high winds and a banging noise on the side of the house. Go out and trim haging off the side of my house. Tempis dropping fast from the 50s on down to 10 overnight. It's going to be really cold in Florida next week I remember 5 years ago down in Florida for the holidays and it was 50 and windy. Got friends going to all the parks and probably crappie weather the whole week with this cold front.
Same here. East coast too. Maryland. It’s 25deg and dropping to 10 deg at midnight tonight. Was 50deg this morning. And now the wind is starting! Crazy. Supposed to be coldest Christmas in over 40 years. Yeah, must be that global warming. Ha

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The raw temperature in my area is presently -6 F, with wind gusts that makes the wind chill about -35 F. That's the kind of temp that stings your skin. Everybody be smart out there. It doesn't take long for you to have a problem.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
I have family traveling today too and have been getting updates, got my fingers crossed they get here tonight.

Thank god for DNP. I feel like Mario after eating one of those invincibility stars. Bring it Mother Nature….ya ole bitch.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I am so fucked. Flight cancelled. Not even a train available. At least I didn't make my way to the airport yet and I can get my old róom back. Not sure what to do.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
dang bro. Those kind of situations clear up after 24 hours I think. In the mean time if I were you I'd go around looking for some sluts to hook up with.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Back in the room. Looking at schedules....I'm not even sure I can get out tomorrow, and Christmas day is iffy as well.

So my airline says they are working on flights. Does that mean they will find something and contact me, or am I supposed to book something myself? I've already looked, there is nothing for tomorrow. Tried every airport in So Cal.

Anyone with experience with this, please chime in. I'm on Alaska and I'm in Seattle. I know better than to even try to call them.

ttyndall

ttyndall

Nov 15, 2022
Conditions are terrible here in North East Florida. We are currently at 48 degrees.
Scared to go outside. We have the cat in the closet with an electric blanket.
One Son is in Charleston at 38 degrees, a Daughter in Rockwood, TN at 5 degrees, and a son in Delta Junction, Alaska at currently - 32 degrees. I asked him
to send me 100 pounds of King Salmon because we were sooo distressed.. I can't display what is answer was.
I'm going to change my name to Rodney Dangerfield because of his reply.. No Respect.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Found a couple flights (tomorrow and xmas day) that might work while on the website, but when I try to book, I keep getting errors. Hold time on phone is "at least 8 hours". Chat wait time is saying 58 minutes, but it's said that for 10 minutes now and never goes down.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
Have you tried Travelocity or Expedia? Not likely to work today, but I’d give it a whirl in this situation. You’d at least be able to see flights from multiple carriers in multiple areas. You could also see about flying into somewhere else and driving the rest of the way via a rental. If you have Amex you could also give cardholder services a call and see what they can do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic