Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

i need help

L

lukascummings

Jan 2, 2013
i play d3 college football and the weight program isnt very good what can i do to get my bench press, squat, and hang clean up also what is a good cheap preworkout andhow can i gain weight id like to gain 20 pounds of healthy weight by august 11th if thats even possible

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What are you currently doing now as far as training. If you want to gain 20lb by August start eating. What does your diet look like now?

L

lukascummings

Jan 2, 2013
hang clean 3 times a week and alternating lower body push with a upper body pull then switching to upper body push with lower body pull and alot of fried foods at school but when im home alot of noodles and i play basketball every day for my cardio

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
A lot of pro footballers say that the deadlift is where its at... You should be incorporating that.

My suggestion, use a solid program like Sheiko that will brutalize you and just shove groceries down your throat non-stop. Keep it as clean as possible, but a greasy burger or some pizza will help for sure. But you gotta have that protein high. Don't bother with the shakes, just eat food.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
A lot of pro footballers say that the deadlift is where its at... You should be incorporating that.

Yup. If youre not doing deadlifts then youre limiting your growth and gains. Plus everything FD said.
You want a cheap pre-workout supp?
Coffee and oatmeal!
I once had an old school powerlifter tell me to save my money and use that pre workout and i have ever since

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Yup. If youre not doing deadlifts then youre limiting your growth and gains. Plus everything FD said.
You want a cheap pre-workout supp?
Coffee and oatmeal!
I once had an old school powerlifter tell me to save my money and use that pre workout and i have ever since

You left out the Marlboro Reds, huh.

If you are on a fixed budget PBnJ works well, Oatmeal, tuna when it is on sale, eggs, lots of them. Eat your protein, don't drink it if possible. You ain't gonna get big off of noodles, lol

L

lukascummings

Jan 2, 2013
will creatine help when lifting or should i just stay away from that

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
In the same amount of time, while in college and 100% clean I put on nearly double that...... if I can do it then so can you.

It's really easy.

Stick to basic compound movements. Squat, deadlift, bench, row, pull up, hang clean, box jump, overhead press, and more squat.
Then just eat like it's your job. Assuming you are a ~broke college kid like I was I'd recommend the same stuff I used.... eggs, tuna, chicken, ground beef, potatoes, and whatever green veggies you can shove down your maw. Add in whatever greasy campus food you need on top of that and you're golden. For example, after a good squat/leg workout I'd usually eat my biggest meal... something like a potato cut up and fried in olive oil, a half pound of ground beef, and a dozen whole eggs..... total protein is around 90 grams, and total cost is around $3.50

Good luck.

L

lukascummings

Jan 2, 2013
In the same amount of time, while in college and 100% clean I put on nearly double that...... if I can do it then so can you.

It's really easy.

Stick to basic compound movements. Squat, deadlift, bench, row, pull up, hang clean, box jump, overhead press, and more squat.
Then just eat like it's your job. Assuming you are a ~broke college kid like I was I'd recommend the same stuff I used.... eggs, tuna, chicken, ground beef, potatoes, and whatever green veggies you can shove down your maw. Add in whatever greasy campus food you need on top of that and you're golden. For example, after a good squat/leg workout I'd usually eat my biggest meal... something like a potato cut up and fried in olive oil, a half pound of ground beef, and a dozen whole eggs..... total protein is around 90 grams, and total cost is around $3.50

Good luck.

if my gym doesnt have boxes what would be a good exercise that id get same results from box jump

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
if my gym doesnt have boxes what would be a good exercise that id get same results from box jump

Jump to a bench or to stairs.... anything. You don't need a 40" box to jump 40". In training I usually just use a 24" box and try to clear it by a good margin. At my size I'm not going to risk biffing it and tweaking something.

You can try them from a squat as well. Squat down to a low bench then jump up from there.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic