ccpro

ccpro

Nov 15, 2012
Sorry, can't figure out how to get around youtube posting

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
Dunno.
All three are highly territorial and protective of their young but alas, their environments are totally different.
Gorillas aren’t meat eaters and have no direct predators except humans.
Lions and Bears eat meat and will kill for food but again, neither has a predator save with the exception of mankind.
When lions hunt for big game, they hunt in groups.
A grizzly will hunt by itself and most of the time will eat berries and such and limit its more carnivorous side to much smaller animals and fish.
Pretty much, left alone in their individual environments, all three animals are normally fairly passive.
It is only mankind who ventures out to kill for no reason other than the thrill.

I guess the Romans, Greeks and other blood thirsty cultures of old might have pitted one against the other but how they would make them fight in order to find out who might win is beyond me.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Sorry, can't figure out how to get around youtube posting
Relieved to see I'm not the only one.
Congrats on your apparent newfound ability to bring youtube here.

Now, I'm still trying to figure out how to resist every bit of clickbait crapola I see on youtube. Only having moderate success so far :(.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I thinkbears are the toughest and biggest. Yeah A silver back has hands and feet to grab and freakish strength but a Griz also has freakish strength and jaws made for tearing flesh. Male lions are normally lazy but when they are young they many times are solitary hunters when kicked out by an alpha male until they are big and strong enough to come back and kick his ass. Male lions are built to fight. They may not hunt as much as females but they are always fighting other males trying to take their pride and for dominance.

In the end I think the size and toughness of a griz would win. Their thick skin, fur and fat layer would prevent most major damage too.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
I am thinking as the gentleman's stated the key components are ability to finish engagement and ability to endure the fight.
For me, I believe the gorilla's strength and how it can fight using hands and arms overcomes teeth and only swiping abilities of a bear and lion or tiger. The gorilla can pound the sh*t out of either the other two while they are attacking with essentially only biting as their main weapon where the gorilla can grab & bite. Then comes the ability back off & regroup if necessary, "finish engagement" then endure a lengthier fight. Tiger/Lion and bear I think would disengage and run if not getting the best of it's opponent where a gorilla would back off regroup and continue if the fight continued. But what the hell do I know other than I like lions but think a gorilla would kick both their asses. But in the end it's just an opinion. I think I'd have a better chance of surviving against a bear or lion than I would a gorilla, that bugger would crush me like a cheap thin plastic walmart water bottle.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Didn't watch the video I'm not sure what it contains but anytime there's a video about animals fighting there's not a chance I'm going to look at it.

Like stated before most animals are territorial and protective of their young. If these animals were put in a cage together they would fight out of fear not out of territory since their environment individually is completely different from the other.

I was a bears probably have the most strength and nails and teeth to rip flesh but more than likely is always going to try to find a way to get away from there opponent if they aren't able to take them out quickly.

A lion maybe fast and have claws and teeth but they're not going to attack a grizzly under any circumstance go up against a gorilla possibly but I think a gorilla can use its hands to defend against a lion.

Gorilla seem like they're thinking beings and would fare the best intellectually. I don't believe they're a strong as a grizzly bear but definitely as strong as a lion. The problem is all they have is teeth and they're not really made for ripping flesh. They have hands and feet that can grab but once they grab a hold what are they going to do?? I don't think they hold the capacity to do a rear naked choke or anything like that now could they break their neck sure if they get a good grip but overall a grizzly bear would come out on top in my opinion. Sad to even think that someone would put these animals together or any animals together the fight for entertainment. It's a disgusting thought in my opinion

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I am thinking as the gentleman's stated the key components are ability to finish engagement and ability to endure the fight.
For me, I believe the gorilla's strength and how it can fight using hands and arms overcomes teeth and only swiping abilities of a bear and lion or tiger. The gorilla can pound the sh*t out of either the other two while they are attacking with essentially only biting as their main weapon where the gorilla can grab & bite. Then comes the ability back off & regroup if necessary, "finish engagement" then endure a lengthier fight. Tiger/Lion and bear I think would disengage and run if not getting the best of it's opponent where a gorilla would back off regroup and continue if the fight continued. But what the hell do I know other than I like lions but think a gorilla would kick both their asses. But in the end it's just an opinion. I think I'd have a better chance of surviving against a bear or lion than I would a gorilla, that bugger would crush me like a cheap thin plastic walmart water bottle.
Watched the vid after I made my choice.

A gorilla can pound the bear or the lion but remember they are used to having big animals smash them already. A 1500 lbs moose for the bear or the deadliest animal in Africa for the lion, a cape buffalo. They can lift a vehicle off the ground. Like John pointed out, a gorilla canno punch, just slap. Slaps hurt way less and do little damage. If they grabbed and tried to bite the lion or the bear is way better suited for battle.

One thing John said that is not true is Lions are sprinters. In a fight they would gas in minutes and would not last long in a sustained fight. Bears fat is armor, the lions claws and the gorilla could do significant damage to the body. The skin and fat are really thick. Bears are the biggest and they know how to use their weight (Look at humans fighting, a good wrestler can control even a dangerous BJJ guy and pound on them on the ground. Now think about a wrestler that is 2x as big as his opponent with 5 inch claws and a mouth and teeth that crush bone)

Yeah lions are built to fight but their downfall is their cardio.

Friggy, a lion would kill you for fun. Gorillas do not kill. I am sure there have been people killed by gorillas but in my cursory look google search I found none documented. I think they just do not have the heart for it. Now a chimp? Those things will kill and maim humans for sure. Griz bears normally attack humans to defend their cubs and will leave when they feel the threat is over. Many times the person is still alive if they play dead.

When I was a kid I went to a B day party with Deena the chimp/ She was a very young chimp and we took pics, polaroids. When she walked over and took my hand and drug me over to the birthday cake (not mine) nothing I could do. She would have drug me even if I was layed out and she was 40-50 lbs I was 90-100. She was so dense. Anyway, a gorilla is even stronger.

And for those that do not know, humans have a bite force that is pound for pound about WAY stronger than gorillas. A gorilla can bite at about 1300 psi, a human can bit at 1100 psi. Humans have a bite force close to double that of a chimp of equal side. We just do not have the equipment to do massive damage. Humans are in-between a hyena and a gorilla about equal with a polar bear. Thanks search engine.

Also gorillas have a very strong bite force because their food. Bamboo and other tough plant matter.

11.08.22-Strongest-Bite-Force-1024x800.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic