Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Howdy and a tip-o-the-hat !

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
Yup, the name is really Bobby, I’m almost 74 and I started my bodybuilding journey almost 9 years ago.
I went from 300# down to 231, my upper arms were no bigger than my wrists to 19 1/2” and have a 54 chest and a 34 waist.

My liver was shot, my kidneys were toast, my lungs full of blood and I was sent home so I could die in the comfort of my home. Obviously, I didn’t meet my demise and all my tests and scans I have had recently look as if nothing ever happened.
Fooled a lot of doctors to say the least.

I see that a few categories aren’t for me because to put it mildly, I’m a natty and let’s face it, at my age, pushing the envelope past hard work and a good nutritional system just isn’t in the cards.

Anyway, it’s good to be here and I do look forward to learning a bit more and meeting new people. Thanks!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Do you have a you tube or instagram?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Welcome to the Den, Bobby. Not sure how many 70-somethings are here, but some of the most active posters are in their 60s, with more in their 50s. (there are also kids under 50 too)

Plenty here who have felt Life's sting already or who know it has them in its sights.

Clearly you were way overweight once ... can you share wtf was going on with your liver, kidneys, and lungs, and what has been happening since to make current tests and scans look good?

Glad you're not dead :), and glad you're here.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Welcome, the young ones around here are in our 40s. I feel I'm committing a grammatical error in that sentence.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
Welcome to the Den, Bobby. Not sure how many 70-somethings are here, but some of the most active posters are in their 60s, with more in their 50s. (there are also kids under 50 too)

Plenty here who have felt Life's sting already or who know it has them in its sights.

Clearly you were way overweight once ... can you share wtf was going on with your liver, kidneys, and lungs, and what has been happening since to make current tests and scans look good?

Glad you're not dead :), and glad you're here.
I pretty much get along with anyone at any age at the gym. Heck, one day I’m working out with a bunch of teenagers and the next with a 89 year old who still squats 400.

The whole anatomy thing is still a mystery because there were so many different things going on. I think the primary reason things got bad is that I dislike doctors so when my liver started hurting really bad, I started to self medicate to alleviate the pain which tore it up even more to the extent that it wasn’t producing albumin.
Somewhere in the whole process I caught viral pneumonia and then my kidneys decided that the only thing that was going to pass was blood.

When I wound up at the VA, they hit me with antibiotics, started me on pee pills to get rid of all the liquid build up and told me I couldn’t have more than 20 grams of protein a day and no more than an ice cube or two when I got thirsty and absolutely nothing for pain.
They pretty much gave me the facts and said they did all they could do and gave me the choice of suffering it out there or at home so I went home.

The bottom line to all that is that after the good Lord and I had a good talk, I made a decision that if I lived, there were going to be a lot of changes in my lifestyle. I started studying every aspect of the hows and whys the body works the way it does, started working out and got hooked so much so that maybe by the time I hit 80 and as much as I hate cameras, I might go out for a local amateur masters competition.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
Welcome, the young ones around here are in our 40s. I feel I'm committing a grammatical error in that sentence.
As I wrote, I’m here to learn a bit more and make some friends. Didn’t write anything about grading somebody’s English. Besides, I live in Alabama and I believe the whole state is one big grammatical error yet I still live here. :)

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
Thanks for the welcome guys but it’s that time. Gotta hit the rack.
At 0530 I get a little cardio out of the way and by 10:30 I’m at the gym.
G’nite ya‘ll ……

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
As I wrote, I’m here to learn a bit more and make some friends. Didn’t write anything about grading somebody’s English. Besides, I live in Alabama and I believe the whole state is one big grammatical error yet I still live here. :)
The error was young and 40 in the same sentence because i feel old as hell. Not a thing wrong living in Alabama. My cousin's are hot as hell, you bet your behind I would umm never mind.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Bobby, thanks for joining here! Great posts above, I hope you continue to find positive trainings and health, sir:)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic