Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

How ya been eatin'?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I was running 7 days high for a bulk but decided to run 2 low days to help keep the grocery bill down since I quit the second job.

I was running 500 or 600 carbs a day, 500 non training and 600 training.

Protein was staying between 300 and 400 a day.

Fat was at around 100 a day.

Still running the same on training days but on low days, non training, I'm running carbs at 100, fat at 120 and protein at 400.

HDH

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Currently on a cut. At about 2400 calories, 250 protein, 200- 250 carbs, 50-70g fat

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Wow, you must be pretty big to run that many carbs for a cut.

I usually have to run my fat higher on a cut or I start feeling shitty but the higher carbs might make up for it in your case.

HDH

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Wow, you must be pretty big to run that many carbs for a cut.

I usually have to run my fat higher on a cut or I start feeling shitty but the higher carbs might make up for it in your case.

HDH

Nah, I'm not that big, honestly. I have failed at dieting in the past many times, and I have realized that, in the end, it's not about low carb, high carb, low fat, etc, it's all about total calories and your deficit. When I want to get lower, in order to help preserve muscle, I will cycle carbs so I can consume higher fats on non-training days. Fats are good for muscle preservation, carbs are good for sanity on training days. lol

Azog

Azog

Sep 9, 2012
Diet is spot on for me right now. Gained about 12lbs the last 5 weeks. Eating 4000 ultra clean cals. Protein and carbs are at ~430g each and fat is 51g. Been working perfectly for me to gain mass and stay lean.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Diet is spot on for me right now. Gained about 12lbs the last 5 weeks. Eating 4000 ultra clean cals. Protein and carbs are at ~430g each and fat is 51g. Been working perfectly for me to gain mass and stay lean.
Wow. 11% fat. That's low. Great that its working for you though. I keep my fat around 25%. But I know lots of guys do well with the old school low fat approach. Congrats on the gains.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Nah, I'm not that big, honestly. I have failed at dieting in the past many times, and I have realized that, in the end, it's not about low carb, high carb, low fat, etc, it's all about total calories and your deficit. When I want to get lower, in order to help preserve muscle, I will cycle carbs so I can consume higher fats on non-training days. Fats are good for muscle preservation, carbs are good for sanity on training days. lol

That's something I'm starting to look into. I was shown one way to do it and it worked well for me so I didn't really look any further.

Doing any cardio to burn extra cals?

I run my cuts about the same cals just a little higher protein, lower carbs and higher fats.

I hit cardio just about ED to burn off extra cals. Usually fasted so I'm not burning food in my gut when on a cut.

I find running them that high mixed with the fasted cardio gives me a better conditioned look.

HDH

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't count my calories, I just measure my intake. Its an unofficial carb cycle. Low carb moderate fat on non-training days with low fat high carb on training days. Protein stays consistent on each day. Not overly strict though. If I want some ice cream on a non training day I'll do it. BF is probably around 18% or so? I'm 5'11" and weighing just over 260.

I did however see on facebook on the pop tart page that they have released two new peanut butter flavored pop tarts. So I guess I'll be bulking now :)

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I don't count my calories, I just measure my intake. Its an unofficial carb cycle. Low carb moderate fat on non-training days with low fat high carb on training days. Protein stays consistent on each day. Not overly strict though. If I want some ice cream on a non training day I'll do it. BF is probably around 18% or so? I'm 5'11" and weighing just over 260.

I did however see on facebook on the pop tart page that they have released two new peanut butter flavored pop tarts. So I guess I'll be bulking now :)

Jeez man, I ate pizza twice last week, first cheat in a long time. Still beating myself over the head for it.

I need a better back so I can keep eating the shit that I like :)

HDH

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
A while ago I had a post about trying to have a healthier powerlifting diet.... well that idea has been pretty much tossed out right now I'm eating 3k clean and about 3k dirty ed. I'm back up over 220lbs so I'm starting to feel like a man again. My goal is to get up to 245lbs and then slowly lean out trying to keep the strength up.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011

Peanut butter pop tarts? Hmm. I'll have to think about that...

And 260 @ 18% is a lot of LBM.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

I only count on a cut. WHen bulking, I count at first, then from there, just increase meal sizes and watch the mirror and scale to make sure I don't gain too fast.

When cutting, I find that counting makes a HUGE difference. You wouldn't believe how badly you can over or under eat if you don't count.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic