Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

How to increase likes on Facebook Page??

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Pay for advertising.

Im cheap! lol. No in all reality I have paid for advertising like google Pay Per click etc and got next to nothing out of it. I just Spent $1k on my Scottsdale location for PPC and did not get one single lead from it. I'm paying in the form of print materials, shirts, shows, and stuff like that. Its just the internet that is not working even when I do pay.

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
My wife runs a niche catering/cake decorating business

does she post on Pinterest? that gets alot of traffic for that sort of stuff

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
does she post on Pinterest? that gets alot of traffic for that sort of stuff

If she does wedding cakes my Fiance belongs to something called knottis or something like that. Its a website for brides who share all the things they get for upcoming weddings. That may be a good spot to post for her also.

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Not yet. Its on the roadmap. Ive started to see more and more inbound links from people pinning our pages, especially the blog, so its definitely something we have to do. Like Crow said, there really is only so many hours in the day. One of the hardest things is social media because to stay active across multiple avenues takes a LOT of time and coming up with continuous engaging content is hard. I work all day in my normal job and spend most of my nights doing marketing and my list of things to do grows faster than I can knock them off. Just thankful I get a chance to go to the gym during the day at work or id be screwed!

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Im cheap! lol. No in all reality I have paid for advertising like google Pay Per click etc and got next to nothing out of it. I just Spent $1k on my Scottsdale location for PPC and did not get one single lead from it. I'm paying in the form of print materials, shirts, shows, and stuff like that. Its just the internet that is not working even when I do pay.

PPC marketing should get you leads, IF your keywords are right. Its getting the right keywords thats the difficult bit and either takes some time to research and experiment or get help from a good SEO/SEM company. Either way its money. Pay them or lose your own time which is worth money. The problem with PPC is if you pick the wrong keywords or phrases, it will cost you and you will get nothing out of it. For example, if you went with a PPC campaign with the keywords "hormone replacement therapy", this phrase isnt necessarily people looking for your type of services. Looking in Googles Keyword Analysis tool, you get results like "hormone replacement therapy side effects", "natural hormone replacement therapy", "what is hormone replacement therapy" etc. So you would potentially get people clicking on your ad, you pay for the click and then they dont find what they were after. No sale :( Sorry if ive stated what you already know. Thought id jot it down incase you didnt and for other people looking at using PPC. Google Keyword Analysis tool is great for working out keywords and phrases, number of searches for those phrases etc. But like you said before, it takes time. Id hate to think how many hours ive spent on that tool and sitting manipulating spreadsheets :(

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
PPC marketing should get you leads, IF your keywords are right. Its getting the right keywords thats the difficult bit and either takes some time to research and experiment or get help from a good SEO/SEM company. Either way its money. Pay them or lose your own time which is worth money. The problem with PPC is if you pick the wrong keywords or phrases, it will cost you and you will get nothing out of it. For example, if you went with a PPC campaign with the keywords "hormone replacement therapy", this phrase isnt necessarily people looking for your type of services. Looking in Googles Keyword Analysis tool, you get results like "hormone replacement therapy side effects", "natural hormone replacement therapy", "what is hormone replacement therapy" etc. So you would potentially get people clicking on your ad, you pay for the click and then they dont find what they were after. No sale :( Sorry if ive stated what you already know. Thought id jot it down incase you didnt and for other people looking at using PPC. Google Keyword Analysis tool is great for working out keywords and phrases, number of searches for those phrases etc. But like you said before, it takes time. Id hate to think how many hours ive spent on that tool and sitting manipulating spreadsheets :(

Exactly, I have that tool. Each company I have tried (no less than 5) have told me "these are the words you need to use" and each one has failed. Yet I know competitors of mine doing very well on PPC. I just need to find a reputable company to pay to manage it. I have no problem in doing so except i have lost so much money on it I now have no faith in any of them. I always tell people if you want to get into a great rip off business claim you do SEO. You can take peoples money for 6 months with showing no return ( cause there are millions of excuses, it takes time for crawlers, your web company didnt meta-tag your words right etc etc) and people still keep paying. One of these days I will figure it out though and when I do, I will be one happy camper lol. I got ripped off by an SEO company last year. I told him all about my business, we worked together on my campaign, i paid $4k+ a month for several months then found out he was stealing my leads and opened his own clinic. I would love to ring his neck but if I focus on all the people who have tried or who have screwed me I would get nothing accomplished.

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Exactly, I have that tool. Each company I have tried (no less than 5) have told me "these are the words you need to use" and each one has failed. Yet I know competitors of mine doing very well on PPC. I just need to find a reputable company to pay to manage it. I have no problem in doing so except i have lost so much money on it I now have no faith in any of them. I always tell people if you want to get into a great rip off business claim you do SEO. You can take peoples money for 6 months with showing no return ( cause there are millions of excuses, it takes time for crawlers, your web company didnt meta-tag your words right etc etc) and people still keep paying. One of these days I will figure it out though and when I do, I will be one happy camper lol. I got ripped off by an SEO company last year. I told him all about my business, we worked together on my campaign, i paid $4k+ a month for several months then found out he was stealing my leads and opened his own clinic. I would love to ring his neck but if I focus on all the people who have tried or who have screwed me I would get nothing accomplished.

Damn id be pissed too at that SEO. If your competitors are doing well with PPC then you may be able to work out what keywords they are targeting and leverage off that. Take a look at this tool: http://www.keywordspy.com
You can get a free trial and may get some good info out of the trial alone. You can find out competitor spend, what they are paying per click, targeted keywords etc. and also info for organic rankings.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Your all set :)

holy shit admin Thank you! I woke up and actually laughed out loud. I wont even asked but...you must be friends with Mark Zuckerberg or something lmao.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic