Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

how often do you change w/o routine

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
How often do you guy/girls change up your workout routines? (do you even change it) Im just finishing up 5x5 after almost 8 weeks and have a few things in mind that i might start next. What ya'llz doing?

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I usually bench press and then curl but I'm switching it up this time I'm going to curl first and then bench.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Guess it would depend on how the routine is going when I hit a platu and have to deload, or some routines might have a set amount of weeks for each cycle.... If I'm not doing any written program jus getting in the gym an training off of feel it changes weekly.... So all in all I'd have to say my routine may change every week up to every 3 months or so being on the far side.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Every 2-3 months. Depends on what parts are lagging and if I'm working around an injury.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Depends on my goals really...

And for me schedule, sleep is hard to get enough usually so i end up having to change to accomodate more

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Don't really change it. Only time I change out exercises is if I have an injury/strain and need to avoid a specific exercise. Occasionally the order might change if I can't get onto a specific piece of equipment so I do another exercise instead of waiting around for some clown to do 25 sets on a machine using 1kg of weight and with 5 minute rest between sets...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I don't change my program but my program has scheduled changes within it. I'm also not a bber though. I switch out my assisting lifts every 8 weeks. I have a deload every 4weeks. These are just some of my scheduled changes for my program (SST).

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
When you lose faith in what your doing . For a long time I never repeated the same workout trying to keep the muscle confused or hit different angles ,but I wasn't looking to get bigger rather like Arnold said sculpt i.e. add here reduce there. However being very regimented and shooting for a specific weight or reps can also be very satisfying ,I think it really boils down to where your motivation is at .

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I change it up whenever I get bored with my routine. Usually takes 3 or 4 weeks for that to happen. I don't like to go by the books so to say. I have to keep things fresh and enjoy my workouts or I lose motivation.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic