Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How much weight do you lose per week prior to competition?

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I am just curious how much weight a competitor will lose in the weeks leading up to a competition. I am not going to compete, but am eating and training as if I was (competing with myself LOL) and I just wonder if my results are typical ?

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I never try to lose weight before a contest, if anything, I try to load up a few lbs.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I am just curious how much weight a competitor will lose in the weeks leading up to a competition. I am not going to compete, but am eating and training as if I was (competing with myself LOL) and I just wonder if my results are typical ?
I assume you're talking about bodybuilding or figure?

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Yes, bb or figure. I am cutting and was actually adding mass, so I started doing fasting cardio...now I am losing too fast LOL. I have lost half a pound every day for the last four days. Granted, I could stand to lose about 5 more, but I dont want to sacrifice muscle...and so far it is obvious I have lost a fair amount of fat, my muscle definition is much more visible already (and I am eating only about 200 under maintenace and drinking tons of water-so it's not dehydration). My real question is, should I assume it is just the "newness" of the fasting cardio and it will slow down on it's own after a week or so....or should I just up my calories and hope to keep my lean mass? Kinda hate to stop something that is working so well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic