Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How Much Fat Do You Eat?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
How much fat do you eat each day? Ideally, we should all be eating healthy fats. But leaving that out of the question for the moment, just from a pure numeric standpoint, where does Fat fit within your macro pie chart each day? There's a general rule of thumb, especially from the Alan Aragon camp, which I subscribe to, that you should eat around 0.5g per pound of bodyweight. This is what I shoot for when not on a keto diet.

Also, I want to quote a friend of mine from another forum on this matter because his words (as always) contain great wisdom IMO. When asked about the maximum amount of fat to intake:

I think what's most important here is in reaching at least the minimum. Fat is essential; we can't operate without it.

As far as the upper limit of recommendation, IMO, it's simply a matter of not overeating one macro (fat), to a point where we can't fit in the remainder of our required protein without overshooting our daily calorie requirement.

As always, the bottom line is to fill our minimum protein requirement first, our minimum fat requirement next, and then any additional calorie intake needed to meet out daily total can then be filled with either carbs, more fat, more protein, or any combination of the three that we like.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I shoot for 65% of my cals or roughly 202 grams of fat. Currently on a Ketogenic diet however.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Im currently consuming just under 100g some days more some less. It may not be optimal for gains but im cutting right now and its working.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic